i might have just ruined my beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vnoz

Reaction score
So i have a SS conical fermenter.. and theres this little piece that sits on the lid.. with a piece of foam stuff that sits under it ... i unscrewed the bar that holds the lid down.. tilted the lid up.. and lid slipped and the metal piece and foam fell into the beer! i havent sanitized either of the pieces.. in a long time ( figuring that they wouldnt ever touch the beer heh. So my question is.. if i start to smell any odors of see and stuff developing.. is there anything i can do to try to save the beer?

i wouldn't worry about it, especially if fermentation has been going on for a while. whatever bug may have been on the foam it has to compete with billions of yeast, not a fair fight.

i lifted up the lid to put the yeast into the beer.. which was when it fell in.. so you think i should be alright?

Yeah it's probably fine. If it does get a crazy infection you can create an awesome thread with pics and then drink it anyway. Either way is a win win for you!

Back