I made a brewing video!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bendavanza

Reaction score
Just got the iphone4 and shot this quick video while brewing last weekend. if you click the link you can view in 720p HD.

cheers!
-Ben

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats pretty slick, great quality there and good edit job. Your set up has got to make things about as smooth as they can be with brewing AG... that looks pretty sophisticated.

Nice vid. That's a sweet set up you have for your equipment. Did you make that mash paddle?

Very nice video, the production quality that you are able to achieve with your iphone4 is astounding. Props on the content very informative.

I used iMovie. I'd plan to learn Final Cut Pro but I'm just getting my feet wet with editing. The last time I did any editing was Adobe Premiere and my project got corrupted after 9 days of work. That was 10 years ago, and I finally felt like doing something again. Well the new phone helped, too. I also got the Canon 5D mkII and the video from that is phenomenal. iMovie is easy to work with but the controls are very dumbed down, esp. in relation to audio.
Next video I may overdub all the narration, too much variance in the sound from the phone, and a lot of "uhhhs" etc. I also misspelled grain on one of the text overlays. Doh!

BTW Bobby, I've found your videos very informative and I enjoy watching them, they also served as inspiration to do brew video.

Were they swagelok fittings? Lucky man! Very nice setup. Being britsih the best I can hope for with going bankrupt is a plastic drum!

Cracking Tunes as well. Really good video!

koomber:
All of the tubing fittings on the IC and the dip tubes, whirlpool arm, etc are swagelock. A HBT member here graciously donated some to me. I bought most of the threaded parts from bargainfittings.com and the dip tubes themselves came from brewersharware.com and so did the stirplate. BobbyM supplied the sight glass kits. I've gotten really lucky at the scrapyards.

This website is a great resource, I'd still be doing extract on the stove and fermenting at room temp if it weren't for all the information I've gleaned from here. One day I hope to have a more streamlined setup like some of the ones I've seen here.
cheers!

The flies were out of control that day, buzzing around my grain crusher. None made it intot he beer, though, they avoid the heat. Fermcap? I've thought about it but the boil calms down in just a few minutes.

Back