I love snow!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sause

Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
But this is just a crazy. 13" and still coming down. It was less than an inch at midnight. And 60+ tornado's in the south? This is one F'ed up weather day.

I hope all of you guys in the south are ok.

We've had pouring rain for two or three days. I keep telling myself, "if it were a few degrees colder, we'd have 18 inches of snow..."

But it still sucks. :(

Yep, got me on my sweat shirt and under some blankets as the temp is a cool 62 right now by my thermometer.... Global worming is a crock o' crap...

it's been raining here. temp is dropping tonite and they're talking about snow, but i doubt we get more than some flurries:( I hope we get at least one good week of cold snow... that keeps the mosquitos down in the summer.

sause said:
But this is just a crazy. 13" and still coming down. It was less than an inch at midnight. And 60+ tornado's in the south? This is one F'ed up weather day.

I hope all of you guys in the south are ok.

Yeah we are getting hammered pretty good here in Racine too.....I am entirely sick of it....:mad:

It was close to 50 and raining here today. The ice fishing derby I was supposed to be in this coming weekend has been canceled due to, what else, lack of ice.... This makes 2 out of the last 3 years that it's been called off:(

I kinda miss winters....

I'm looking at two inches of rain tonight. Probably done with snow for the year. I'd rather have the rain, thank you.

I'll take the rain and warmer temps. Heating costs are bad enough and the last couple of winters have helped keep more money in our pockets. As long as there is some kind of water to fill up the waterways for spring fishing.

Rain yesterday with a high of 57, then snow today and it's 28..... to bad we didn't get enough to do anything with. Last Thursday night though we had about a foot overnight, that was nice.

deathweed said:
Yep, got me on my sweat shirt and under some blankets as the temp is a cool 62 right now by my thermometer.... Global worming is a crock o' crap...

I don't think you know how that works.... Anyways, it's been a wild year in Oregon too. We have so much snow in the mountains that there are avalanches, our rivers have been at their banks week to week and we had an entire two weeks of below freezing and snow...in the Valley! Man oh man, rough year. That's not even to mention the 140mph winds that happened on ours coast.

BraeHaus said:
this winter has been nothing but rain and misery for us on the east coast... what I would do for a solid 18" of snow!

Took the words outta my mouth. We're really getting shafted on snow this year. It hit like 70 frikin degrees yesterday!

Wow, I'm glad I'm not the only one who wishes for some snow. My co-workers always look at me like I'm a weirdo because I complain about the rain and wish for 10 feet of snow. There is supposed to be a dog sledding race in upper Ohio this month, but I can't imagine it'll work very well through all the mud. :(

ice ice ice ice ice ice ice
then a little rain more ice
some freezing rain
very little snow the last few weeks just freakin ice non stop

You guys can have the snow I'm sick of it. Out of the last 60 days, we have had snow for 45 of them.

It took me 4 hours to clear my driveway from the +14 inches we got yesterday. :mad:

I'm running out of places to put it. :(

Lots of people are running out of places to put it. A lot of the roads I drove this morning are about a half a lane thinner than normal and there were corners that were completely blind because of the 6-8 foot high piles from the plows.

kornkob said:
Lots of people are running out of places to put it. A lot of the roads I drove this morning are about a half a lane thinner than normal and there were corners that were completely blind because of the 6-8 foot high piles from the plows.

How about that 19 mile backup out by you....I have heard reports of 500-1000 cars

Careful what you wish for. A town just East of here has gotten 12' this winter which is very rare and the houses weren't built for that kind of load so the walls are cracking and roofs are caving in. The government has been sending the national guard and inmate work crews up to try and dig the city out and get the snow off the roofs.

Joker said:
Careful what you wish for. A town just East of here has gotten 12' this winter which is very rare and the houses weren't built for that kind of load so the walls are cracking and roofs are caving in. The government has been sending the national guard and inmate work crews up to try and dig the city out and get the snow off the roofs.

It seems to me, knowing people across the US from Alaska, Montana, FL, ME, etc...that many if not all have been experience a shift in the weather patterns resulting in 'rare' occurences. If it is related to global warming one can only guess, but the fact is, it is happening....if this is a temporary climate shift (although all of my life I have been able to walk onto frozen lakes, but in the past two years specifically we haven't even seen a freeze over). I hate to be paranoid, but these experiences are making me a bit nervous if they continue.

wihophead said:
How about that 19 mile backup out by you....I have heard reports of 500-1000 cars

Yeah-- some folks actually spent the night at the rest stops.

Pretty brutal.

I love snow. I miss it a lot, I'm hoping I'll see some this weekend when I go out-of-state.

Past three or four days have been remarkably "hot" here, high 60's, low 70's. Can't say I'm exactly upset about that, since there's something truly awesome about siting on your porch at 7 am with a slight breeze that feels amazing. But I do miss snow.

Haha wow did all the posts about 13 inches get deleted? :cross:

I thought dirty jokes were allowed in this forum.

you can have ours....I had to drive all over the damn state wednesday in that blizzard that hit. The highway was like a 2 track with all the snow drifts not to mention the white outs!Why did I ever start driving truck?!?!?

We got some snow a couple days ago.

WEB-IMG_2323.JPG

In the mountains where it belongs :p. My family back in WI have been saying it's been a hell of a winter. Snow, then cold as **** - repeat.

deathweed said:

62 and you are in a sweatshirt and UNDER a blanket???

Yeesh... 62 is jeans and a tshirt here. I was out splitting wood
with my BIL one night a few weeks ago. He had a light jacket on,
I was in jeans and a tank top. It was 28 degrees out.

I guess it is all just what you are used to...

We had frost once already this winter. I may have to consider moving to the islands where it's warm all the time. :}

RICLARK said:
you can have ours....I had to drive all over the damn state wednesday in that blizzard that hit. The highway was like a 2 track with all the snow drifts not to mention the white outs!Why did I ever start driving truck?!?!?

hey rich who you drive for? where to from?

I'm craving for some snow....it's cold and dark as hell here and no freeking snow even 2 hhrs away so I'm at the very limit of going mad! I just want a reason to go to Utah to ski my pants off. I urge to you all, so give me a reason! I'm easy to convice!

H

rabidgerbil said:
62 and you are in a sweatshirt and UNDER a blanket???

Yeesh... 62 is jeans and a tshirt here. I was out splitting wood
with my BIL one night a few weeks ago. He had a light jacket on,
I was in jeans and a tank top. It was 28 degrees out.

I guess it is all just what you are used to...
I was just saying in another thread how I got my picture taken when I was outside shoveling snow in workout shorts, a t-shirt, and sandals. Yes, I'm a (southern)California native, if you buy that. Sometimes I think I should live a lot further north. Most people around here piss and moan about cold when it drops to 65. It did that once last October and half the populous instantly came down with colds and flu. The yuppies can't stand sub-70°F weather. :rolleyes: I can't stand anything over about 80.

Back