"I love bocks, I drink shiner all the time" is starting to piss me off.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a killer!!!! Doppelbock not to long ago. I should remake it!

<threadjack>You should remake it! And you should post the recipe! Partial grain would work, since I'm not set up for all-grain yet...</threadjack>

-m

I'm from Nova Scotia. Alexander Keith's is practically a religion out East. Everybody out there drinks Keith's India Pale Ale. Ever watch someone who's only ever drank Keith's when you offer them a real IPA?

Him: "What're ya drinkin' there?"
Me: "It's an IPA I made, it's a clone of Stone Ruination. Want a glass?"
Him: "Sure, I love IPA's, been drinkin' Keith's since high school."

Hilarity ensued.

I had some of that when I was camping in Algonquin a few years ago. I was expecting a nice hoppy IPA. Wrong! I was pissed because I traded some Great Lakes Edmund Fitzgerald for the Alexander Keiths. I think I got the short end of that deal.

As far as Shiner Bock goes, I picked up a six pack last summer when I was down south. I only drank one. The rest got dumped. Nasty!

I've said this before, here's the good thing about Shiner Bock. I can be at any bar or restaurant in Texas and get one, it doesn't matter if everything else they have is BMC products, you can still get Shiner. From a fancy Dallas steakhouse to something that resembles Bob's Country Bunker out in East Texas.

And, if I'm out on the patio grilling and listening to Red Dirt music, a can of Shiner Bock pairs well with those activities.

Back