I lost respect for those who claimed this would turn out bad!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

impatient

Reaction score
I just tried a AllBitterTonOMunichAle that most said would be horrible and this beer is a great hoppy beer that tastes similar to a SnakeDog IPA.

This was a 5 gallon batch made with 10lbs Munich, 3lbs Wheat, 3oz Cascade and Danstar Nottingham. OG 1.081 FG 1.010 9.3% ABV

You can't taste the alcohol, you only feel it.

IMG_1056.JPG

IMG_1058.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

I got the same naysayers when i was going to brew an IPA with Munich malt. i ended up just using pale? What did people say would be wrong with it? And if it turned out great then good for you!

Wow, that's some AMAZING efficiency. I would have gotten about 1.060 out of that grainbill.

Really, if you use good quality ingredients and solid processes, you can produce good beer. It's that simple. You may not produce beers that match up perfectly to the standard beer types but they will still be delicious.

Rightly so! I can't see anything wrong with that recipe.

It's easy to be a critic; harder to brew good beer.

Interesting beer! Your high attenuation probably really helped make it what it is.

good for you - i made my munich madness with 12 lbs caramunich and 6 lbs 2 row with homegrown hallertau and it turned out great(IMO) too.
experimenting is fun!

Technique is the most important aspect to homebrewing. Don't get me wrong, using the right quantities of quality ingredients is crucial, but you can take what many would consider a strange or downright ridiculous recipe and make great beer if your brewing technique is sound. Likewise, you can take a proven recipe, using top quality ingredients, and make crap. It's all in the technique.

Here's to being creative and experimenting. :mug:

I just tried a AllBitterTonOMunichAle that most said would be horrible and this beer is a great hoppy beer that tastes similar to a SnakeDog IPA.

I'm sure it's good, but there's no way it tastes like Snake Dog IPA

ABV: 7.1%
Plato: 15
IBU's: 60
Specialty Malts: 120L Crystal Malt
Hops: Warrior, Columbus
Process: Dry hopped with Columbus hops

I'm sure it's good, but there's no way it tastes like Snake Dog IPA

I does not have quite the hop quality from start to finish, but the bittering apect is very similar. I does not taste exactly like it but that is the first that popped into my mind when I thought of a comparison. Try the recipe out for yourself, if you like a hop-bomb, you will not be disappointed.

AllBitterNoFlavorTonOMunichAle

Latest posts

Back