I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One note. I used my real name but know there are two Dan Dawson’s on this sight

My son is Daniel Graham. I’m his dad, Daniel Brian

Aloha, Dan.

Feels a little weird to "say" that when I've never been close to the Pacific, but I thought I'd try it out with you.

Never? The west coast is awesome! I could go on and on, but just do it. So much great coastline, just to die for. (for me, it's a place to visit, not to live - and I did live there briefly).

[edit] (I'm really only referring to coasta/urban california. I was in Bend Oregon a year ago and it was freaking great place, would move there)

I think the only time I've ever seen an ocean I was too young to really remember it. There is VHS footage of it, though. My grandparents were winter Texans.

Besides that, the closest I think I've been would be when I went to DC in highschool.

I think the only time I've ever seen an ocean I was too young to really remember it. There is VHS footage of it, though. My grandparents were winter Texans.

Besides that, the closest I think I've been would be when I went to DC in highschool.

So you’ve never seen an ocean in real life? I’ve lived close to one in various states and countries all my life. Living 3 years in CO, I felt lost not being able to visit the beach.

I check out nature livestreams once in a while. I don't know if this is the exact feed I frequent, but I do check in on livestreams from this location pretty regularly late in the summer.

You know you’re getting older when your first aircraft carrier was twice as old as you and is now retired

In a career with the US Navy. Being part of the aircraft carrier. USS Midway CV41. You become part of history.

I’m old now. I have a few accomplishments in lif
Most significantly- my children of course and foremost

secondly, USS MIDWAY. CV41

In a career with the US Navy. Being part of the aircraft carrier. USS Midway CV41. You become part of history.

I’m old now. I have a few accomplishments in lif
Most significantly- my children of course and foremost

secondly, USS MIDWAY. CV41

Aloha
Wishing the best for you and yours!
Shoot… I was going to write a crappy poem. I’m not up to it.
Happy Blessings to you all
Dan

Aloha
Dan

And the fearless leader of the Night Owl crew has returned! Many blessings to you and yours @Dan

Hoping the ocean is bringing you good vibes and better sea food!

Cheers!

Aloha
Dan

Poetry is a tough thing to do for anyone. And it's not really seen as masculine, so it's really tricky for us.

Plus, I find as an adult that people aren't as impressed with beginner attempts at artistic stuff. I've been thinking about learning to play music, but nobody wants to listen to an adult man sound like a 6th grader learning an instrument.

Ahhhh the Dan of so many words :)

Sitting out back. FL is HOT in the summer, but this is the season we win. Sitting out back with a glass of homemade sparkling moscato.

1636759890028.png

Moscato is gal's drink of choice, you have a formula for that, & ingredients source?

haha, yes you're right. But it's been on tap for 2 YEARS (literally) and I'm gonna drink it till it frees up space. It's really tasty, but I'm a beer drinker first, then a cab drinker (I make red wine mostly).

I bought a moscato kit, fermented and backsweetened. Then filtered (twice, once through a course filter, then through a sterile filter). It's clear. Then carbonated it. This is actually the second time I've done this. First time, I attempted to bottle. That was mostly a comical disaster. This time, I said f-it, serve out of the keg. My wife is a non-drinker, so I'm left to do the job.

Aloha all!
Thinking about moving back to the mainland. Hawaii is truly paradise. Perfect weather. Beautiful scenery. Gorgeous really. But not my home. I need to be around love. My wife and I don’t have that. I still care for her. My responsibility as a husband. I think I’ll work here a few more months, save up some cash. Then….. Eff. I don’t know

Aloha all!
Thinking about moving back to the mainland. Hawaii is truly paradise. Perfect weather. Beautiful scenery. Gorgeous really. But not my home. I need to be around love. My wife and I don’t have that. I still care for her. My responsibility as a husband. I think I’ll work here a few more months, save up some cash. Then….. Eff. I don’t know

Whoa, that's a big decision.

I might kind of get it, though. My wife and I, and our son, we live a few hours drive away from our nearest family. And we moved to our house not long before the pandemic hit. We introduced ourselves to a few neighbors, but we didn't really get comfortable with anyone before everything hit.

When the three of us (and an old friend and his wife) went to a popular national park this summer I thought about how different and beautiful the scenery was, but how it was ordinary to the thousands of people who have lived there all their lives.

I think scenery alone can only sustain us for so long. We need a balance of being surrounded by a community we are a part of, and being in places where the beauty refreshes the soul. Some people are lucky enough to have them both within a short drive, others... not so lucky.

Wherever you settle, Dan, I hope you find that balance.

I feel ya too Dan. Earlier this year we visited family in Montana, and fell in love with the place. My aging uncle, my cousin and her family live in a tiny town called Ennis; husband and I seriously discussed moving there someday. Not much in the way of work for either of us, so it would have to be a retirement thing. But all of my family is in Western Washington, with the exception of one cousin in Missouri; and I would miss that. Also I would miss being near enough to the Pacific coast to visit it when I want to; even where we live, about 2.5 hours away from the nearest beach, once in a great while if the wind is right you can get a whiff of salt.

Hello old friends.
Peace , love and prosperity to you and your family

Happy wishes to you all! I hope for all of us
Love, and Aloha all the days of our lives
Dan

Back