I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I was writing the post, posted itself before I'd finished. I don't know why.

I deleted those.

Good night

Motivated by by the thread that post home made keferators and keezers . I'm making something. It's just a 3.7 cf freezer. I'd love to make a keezure out of it but I rarely Brie these days

Showing some pics. It's in the raw stage now but, trust me. It's gonna be a piece of fine furniture soon. [emoji3]

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1504496115.702064.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1504496138.905506.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1504496169.281852.jpg

Hold on
Phone camera issues

Oops! No extra pics. Just a pic of my pride and joy. I send finished pics later of my current project

Cheers!
Dan

Ok. Here's some. Not totally in the raw stages. The wood is hiding The interior work around for the drain and temp control. One of the pics shows the air vent side. I'm not done with that or the top. Work in progress

Cheers

shot brah, that looks fantastic . . . cedar is a superb choice

Thanks brother!

This thing will turn out really nice. Can't go wrong with cedar. When the freezer dies I'm going to cover the inside with fresh cedar planks. Could make a huge cigar humidor or blanket holder. Time will tell

The bottom boards are unstraight. My miter saw broke. I'm going to use a trim router bit to clean it.

Back at it again today. My progress on this project is slow. Long weekend. Couple beers and snoozes along the way. Like it's everybody I work my ass off during the week, sometimes on weekends too. I wish I could sleep till ten am in Saturday's. Nope. Seven thirty am and even though I'd slept a few more hours than I wake up during the weekday I want to stay in bed. But the sun, the loud birds, my wife saying get out of bed you; and life. Just can't sleep away a weekend I guess. But I can take many naps [emoji3]

Some reason I can't take pics and post on the app but can take a pic with the phone and attach it. See you in a sec.

I put glass tile on the top of my kegerator.

Looking good, Dan. Keep 'em coming

Thanks CGVT! I hadn't thought of that. More work tomorrow. I think I'm going to figure out a better way to cover the drain and temp selector. I want to be able to select freezing to serving and fermentation temps to keep this thing versatile. I guess I just realized while posting this I might as well just set the freezers temp knob to coldest and then use my external temp controller to change temps. Way la! That big holes getting covered tomorrow. The drain one... going to have to think about that. I'd kind of like to keep it an option

Cheers!

Wow! I can't believe this thread is still going! I haven't been here in over a year or two. Good to see you folks. I hope you have all been well.

Mike!

You know this thread will never die! The kegerator I made was inspired by yours! Great to hear from you brother!

Will the new keezer live near the Cerveza Credenza?

They would look good together.

Albert Friske

Hi Albert!

I agree. If all goes well in a few years my wife and I want to buy a house with a garage. Then the two shall meet in a kick butt man cave but for now the CC is in storage and freezer in guest bedroom. It's a dream, a goal.

Has anybody heard from Passedpawn? Thoughts are with him and his family and all those affected by these hurricanes. Thoughts and prayers to you Pappy

Saw the satellite of Irma. That Beotch is a killer. Glad they told everyone to get out of dodge or miami as the case may be. This effer is not one to ride out unless you want to ride it out into the beyond.

My kids are all grown up and doing well enough but we all are spread out across the country. So we decided abut 3 months ago to take a vacation together. Three or four weeks, maybe a little longer ago we finalized the trip. Airfares, hotel, rental car - we pooled our money and paid for them all.

Our mistake - Florida! And nothing is refundable. We were planning to head to Orlando. We had a "telephone conference" and combined text get together about possible change in plans

My recommendation "lets go anyway, we can volunteer. I don't know exactly what we can do, but surely we can help"

My daughter's response -"I'm in Dad

My son - Dad if you want to volunteer to help there are things closer to home"

My son's wife - F*ck if I'm going to waste my two week vacation"

Not sure what we are going to do yet. Vacation starts Saturday September 23 (we get there) leave morning of Saturday Sep 30.

I know this is a home brewing site, always has and always will be. I've been here quite a few years and also have come to realize this site as a family. helping,giving ideas and advice.

The trip is not far from now. Any suggestions from the wealth of knowledge here on HBT?

Mahalo
Dan

Has anybody heard from Passedpawn? Thoughts are with him and his family and all those affected by these hurricanes. Thoughts and prayers to you Pappy

Thanks Dan :mug: I'm here in Clearwater waiting for the storm.

I wouldn't cancel your trip. I'm pretty sure things will get back to normal quickly. Last hurricane we (Clearwater) lost power for a couple of days, trees and roofs needed to be cleaned up, etc. I can't guess what's going to happen in the next 24 hrs, but I doubt the effects will affect your trip in 3 weeks. I'll know more tomorrow :)

My recommendation "lets go anyway, we can volunteer. I don't know exactly what we can do, but surely we can help"

My daughter's response -"I'm in Dad
Since everything has been planned out already I can't think of a better vacation spent with your daughter. You two will come home needing a vacation to recover from your vacation, but the lives you touch will be rested. Just check ahead and make sure your accommodations are still available.

My son - Dad if you want to volunteer to help there are things closer to home"
There always are and time to do them when you return.

My son's wife - F*ck if I'm going to waste my two week vacation"
.....well....so much to say about this from both sides of the coin.

I know this is a home brewing site, always has and always will be. I've been here quite a few years and also have come to realize this site as a family. helping,giving ideas and advice.

The trip is not far from now. Any suggestions from the wealth of knowledge here on HBT?

Mahalo
Dan
Yes we are family Dan.

All the best and stay safe
Jeff

Thanks Dan :mug: I'm here in Clearwater waiting for the storm.

I wouldn't cancel your trip. I'm pretty sure things will get back to normal quickly. Last hurricane we (Clearwater) lost power for a couple of days, trees and roofs needed to be cleaned up, etc. I can't guess what's going to happen in the next 24 hrs, but I doubt the effects will affect your trip in 3 weeks. I'll know more tomorrow :)

I agree with this. I've been through, and responded to, quite a few hurricanes. Unless there is massive flooding in the area that your are going to, they tend to get cleaned up pretty quickly. Once they get the power back up, it doesn't take long for things to get back to close to normal.

Orlando won't flood (maybe local street stuff). Most of the awful hurricane effects you see are coastal (flooding within a mile of the coasts / bays, and full frontal effects from the wind for those right on the water). Inside of that, it's just wind damage - trees/roofs. Motor homes and weaker structures might be affected by wind, but most homes built in the last X years will be OK. If I was on a farm in open terrain I'd be concerned. Wind driven rain will find the places in your roof where the flashing cement has dried and cracked, so many older roofs will leak. Hopefully people have buckets and tarps for that kind of thing. Asphalt shingle will fly away and expose the roof sheathing, so more leaks. If the sheathing layers fly away, your world degrades quickly! I've got cement tile on my roof. It's not bulletproof, but it seems to do much better than the shingles.

I reserve the right to be wrong about anything above :)

Back