I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I, on the other hand, have never said the wrong thing and accidently pissed people off. *hides under desk to avoid a lightning bolt thrown by an angry god*

I, on the other hand, have never said the wrong thing and accidently pissed people off. *hides under desk to avoid a lightning bolt thrown by an angry god*

I do it all the time :D but I have a good excuse: I´m not a native english speaker and from a very different place... there was a few times where I´m not sure how to put or say something in english and some people can get the wrong idea...
But again the same thing happens to me with spanish.... I remember when I was 7 yo, I was in elementary and where I´m from just before we start the day we saluted the flag and hoist it, they always picked two kids to do so and it was kind of an honour to go... me and some other kid got picked, so I went to the flag pole and started raising the flag, the other kid was in front of my doing nothing and I told him "c´on man give a hand"... I then noticed he was missing his rigth arm and left hand... He started crying and me too... school had to call my mother to pick me up... I was 7 so it was allrigth to cry... I still feel terrible about that and I never had a real chance to apologize.

Bottom line... you just never know when it is the wrong thing to say, so everyone, please remain silent.

Thats right up there with another maxim of mine.

Up to the moment we die, we are changing. We are learning new things, forgetting things we already knew, casting off prejudices, acquiring new prejudices, gaining experiences that provide valuable infomation, gaining experiences that cloud our judgement... etc. What this essentially means is that no individual is fully qualified to make any decision at all at any given time.

Up to the moment we die, we are changing. We are learning new things, forgetting things we already knew, casting off prejudices, acquiring new prejudices, gaining experiences that provide valuable infomation, gaining experiences that cloud our judgement... etc. What this essentially means is that no individual is fully qualified to make any decision at all at any given time.

So, shhhhh!!!!! Let's all remain silent....

Can I troll with you in your john boat? It's so relaxing.... Think we'll catch much?

I usually do pretty good. I troll with crappie jigs pre-spawn looking for schools waiting to come in and pick up all kinds of stuff. Large mouth, stripers, big blue gill, and of course some crappie. If I start getting into crappies I'll anchor off and toss a few minnows before I move on. Once the spawn starts you can just sit there and slay em all day long.

I´m going to write that down and tell that to the icecream man when he gives me the evil eye, ussually takes me a lot of time to decide if a want a double scoop of vanilla or chocolate... or strawberry, can I have one scoop of each? Ohhh you already put in a cup... can you put in a waffle cone... nop my bad cup is fine... sorry... I didn´t actually wanted vanilla can you put a little more chocolate instead? :D:D:D:D

I usually do pretty good. I troll with crappie jigs pre-spawn looking for schools waiting to come in and pick up all kinds of stuff. Large mouth, stripers, big blue gill, and of course some crappie. If I start getting into crappies I'll anchor off and toss a few minnows before I move on. Once the spawn starts you can just sit there and slay em all day long.

I love fried crappie, especially the little ones. We don't call them crappie here though, we call them brim. With the littler ones, even the skin is delicious. :)

I asked Siri what the secret was to finding peace in life... She told me the closest cemetery was 15 miles away. Not much help there I'm afraid. Maybe the iPhone 5 has the answers I seek

I thought a brim was a totally different fish. Growing up upstate we called them sunnies or sunfish until someone told us they were called crappies to. Since I could get a spanking for saying "crap" but referring to a sunfish as a "crappy" was a-ok, best believe thats what I called them from then on.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

That's all of us just standing around staring at each, not saying anything. CG is right, we are not qualified!!!

I love fried crappie, especially the little ones. We don't call them crappie here though, we call them brim. With the littler ones, even the skin is delicious. :)

My unlces in Arkansas call blue gill brim, they call crappie crappie. It's funny how different places have different names for fish. Especially catfish, which there are quite a few different species of.

I thought a brim was a totally different fish. Growing up upstate we called them sunnies or sunfish until someone told us they were called crappies to. Since I could get a spanking for saying "crap" but referring to a sunfish as a "crappy" was a-ok, best believe thats what I called them from then on.

Most people can't tell the difference between them, so called different things. Crappie/Brim, basically the same thing.

Got my small pressure canner rolling. Had to hurry up and sterilize some glycerol. I almost forgot my brew buddy is coming over today to freeze some yeast. I hate jigglers :( I much prefer to use my large presto with the guage.

These are crappie, aka paper mouths. Not to be confused with brim (bluegill, sunfish, redear etc.)

Papermouth Hussys.jpg

THEY ARE HUGE!!!!

The ones I caught as a kid were the size of your hand and you needed like 10 a person to make a meal!

Not the little fish I was thinking about either...

Added: not what we call crappie

THEY ARE HUGE!!!!

The ones I caught as a kid were the size of your hand and you needed like 10 a person to make a meal!

A lot of places are getting over fished and the DNR aren't re-stocking like they should be. You have to find some out of the way places to get into the big ones anymore. That's why I like my little john boat. I can slip into places that most people can't get to. My largest crappie ever was 20 inches 3 lbs 3oz, but I've seen some huge ones come up to the surface before that would blow your mind. Good to keep those in the lake though for breeding. If I caught one that big, it'd be hard to let it go though.

I'll see you guys and gals later, after Easter. I'll never give up forever. Just need to get back in touch in a relationship with God. Him and me have some things to hash out.

The ability to spend time in introspection makes us who we are. Take care.

Holy Puckered ******** Batman! Maybe a little music before this turns into a fish thread. One of the greatest bands of the 80s.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just sitting here thinking about random kindness and why it happens to me. Maybe I look pitiful? I was riding the elevator to the 7th floor of the hospital, that's the cancer ward, more times than I can count people on the elevator patted me on the back or hugged me before they exited on their floor. A lot of times the cleaning crew at the hospital, they are so kind. Stop pushing their carts and stop to whisper in my ear something nice or hug me, or both, or just pat me on my back. Tell me it will be okay.

Stop at a restaurant for lunch and the older couple that sat down after me, they say, no, go wait on her first.

The guy that sells the bagels in the hospital lobby, he always gives me free coffee and the biggest bagel and an extra packet of cream cheese.

The people that work at the restaurant across from the hospital. They bring me free bread and butter when I order a beer.

At the grocery store, go ahead of me in line, they say, and I thank them. How did they know I am afraid of crowds and needed to hurry out of there?

In the parking lot at Walmart and some guy just randomly offers me a bottled water from the cooler in the back of his truck. I was sweaty, he noticed.

The guy behind me at the gas station. He said, I'll pay for her gas and I turned and looked at him and asked him why. He said because you have pretty hair.

There are some really nice people in this world and I've been blessed enough to meet some of them.

I was just sitting here thinking about random kindness and why it happens to me. Maybe I look pitiful? I was riding the elevator to the 7th floor of the hospital, that's the cancer ward, more times than I can count people on the elevator patted me on the back or hugged me before they exited on their floor. A lot of times the cleaning crew at the hospital, they are so kind. Stop pushing their carts and stop to whisper in my ear something nice or hug me, or both, or just pat me on my back. Tell me it will be okay.

Stop at a restaurant for lunch and the older couple that sat down after me, they say, no, go wait on her first.

The guy that sells the bagels in the hospital lobby, he always gives me free coffee and the biggest bagel and an extra packet of cream cheese.

The people that work at the restaurant across from the hospital. They bring me free bread and butter when I order a beer.

At the grocery store, go ahead of me in line, they say, and I thank them. How did they know I am afraid of crowds and needed to hurry out of there?

In the parking lot at Walmart and some guy just randomly offers me a bottled water from the cooler in the back of his truck. I was sweaty, he noticed.

The guy behind me at the gas station. He said, I'll pay for her gas and I turned and looked at him and asked him why. He said because you have pretty hair.

There are some really nice people in this world and I've been blessed enough to meet some of them.

This is a nice observation. So often we get obsessed with the negative influences in our lives that we fail to see the good. Thanks for reminding me of the good.

You are a good person Bobbi and the wheel is bringing it back.

Funny thing about this site is most of the people are good folks I think. And even though a few people in this thread are politically different than I I rather enjoy talking to them because they are good folks.

I guess the older I get the more I realize that people are just like me trying to get by.

And now I will have a beer:rockin:

Funny thing about this site is most of the people are good folks I think. And even though a few people in this thread are politically different than I I rather enjoy talking to them because they are good folks.

I guess the older I get the more I realize that people are just like me trying to get by.

And now I will have a beer:rockin:

I'll drink to that. :mug:

I am noticing something here. Hair and lots of it. They still got it in the videos but I shaved mine off years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am still deep in thought. Beer calms me down some. If you boast about things you've done, it negates the fact you did it. Some people say that but I don't really believe it. I'm proud of the ways I have tried to help people.

I was driving home from the bar, 2 or 3 AM heading down the main road on the mainland end of Daytona Beach, Florida. There was a lady/young woman, her dress was torn and she was walking with one shoe down a dark stretch of the road. I knew I had to be the one to stop and help her, if a man stopped, she would be scared more. I knew she was already scared. So I stopped my car and pulled up to her, I stayed really calm for her and just said "get in". She said a cab driver tried to rape her and she got away. And I had been drinking, but not too much so said I would just take her to the police station. Everything will be fine, let's just go report this guy and did she remember the cab number/drivers' name/company he worked for? She was so upset so I remained very calm. Tried to ask her the questions slowly. But, she wanted me to just bring her home. She said, please, no, can you just bring me home, please. She was a little drunk I could tell but had sobered up plenty from her ordeal. I told her it didn't matter to me, whatever she wanted. She was young, maybe 19-22? and I took her to her parents house. Dropped her off and that's it. Don't know what happened after that. I don't know if she ever reported the cab driver, I just encouraged her to do so as I dropped her off where she wanted to go.

Back