I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I'm working to live here... So sick of winter.

IMG_20180417_113458213.jpg

Eff eff eff. Just poured my heart out in a text about my kids and my friends on HBT and it vanished. Poured some of my soul in it

I guess it need not be read

Cheers my friends
Cheers!

I'm thinking of giving up all-grain and going back to extract w/specialty grains. There's a lot of DME options now and such a time saver.

We brewed a kettle sour gose yesterday at work. Starting Ph was 4.8. I'm interested to see where its at today.

Greeting s all!
Madbaggins please let us know how it turns out

Ischiavo.. I can’t wait to meet you in person. Over the years You have truly been “the rock of gilbrator” my friend

To all of you here on HBT
May your home brew come out good
And your love for brewing become understood
Our brewing rigs are a sight to see
Cheers to you and please for me

We made it down to pH 3.4 finally. Boiled it and added the sea salt and coriander yesterday. It's in the fermenter now.

I knew the owner/head brewer of this place years ago, while he was just starting to plan the business. He's a graduate of brew science school from the American Brewers Guild and then graduated a brewery business school. We work together really well. We both see things from different angles and it works well for us to learn from each other. We opened in Sept last year and we're really strong out of the gate. We've gained quite the reputation locally already. 10bbl system and we're already looking at getting larger tanks. Our first can release will be next month.
Pretty excited for the future.

Last edited:
Hello, late niters. Hope all is well. Apparently, the late niters have moved on?

Rats ugh. One died a few days ago in my attic, somewhere. I think it's in a wall somewhere. I looked around in the attic, no luck. Smell is blech. I hate rats. My wife want's me to find it up there... been through that before, it's an awful thing with maggots and a spade and bucket involved.

For your late night soundtrack, something very light and relaxing. Anyone who plays piano, you know you wanna learn this one :) It's on my docket, right after another one that I won't learn any time soon.

I keep seeing this thread pop up and I never checked in on it for whatever reason. Seems like a friendly thread and everyone is pretty chill. Have a great night everyone.

Hello, late niters. Hope all is well. Apparently, the late niters have moved on?

Rats ugh. One died a few days ago in my attic, somewhere. I think it's in a wall somewhere. I looked around in the attic, no luck. Smell is blech. I hate rats. My wife want's me to find it up there... been through that before, it's an awful thing with maggots and a spade and bucket involved.

For your late night soundtrack, something very light and relaxing. Anyone who plays piano, you know you wanna learn this one :) It's on my docket, right after another one that I won't learn any time soon.

Life!

I'm still here. Here's the latest from the soap shop. Last major project I think...

View attachment 572595

Looking good Ischiavo. Your wife has some soaps curing (correct word?) on the shelves already. So cool!

So you’re an Electrician and carpenter, and creative and your wife shares in building, creating things too. That’s really wonderful Brother Leon!
Cheers!

I keep seeing this thread pop up and I never checked in on it for whatever reason. Seems like a friendly thread and everyone is pretty chill. Have a great night everyone.

Kent88,
Feel free to post here anytime and often as you want. The only one rule here is the golden one, treat each other with dignity and respect.

This thread has been pretty active and sometimes less active for about 5-6 years now. It’s a place to express creativity, general bs talk (no politics) A place to celebrate your life with others and a place to come to for solace and celebration.

And this is a brewing website and thread so you can always come here for brewing questions. That’s what HBT is all about. It’s all family.

Cheers!
Dan

Cheers HBT and especially to (I’m not arse kissing) Tex!

This is a great site with a wonderful group of creative people. So much creativity not only just beer making but cheese making, coffee growing harvesting and processing. Woodworking, humble home brewery set ups to mind blowing electric breweries. And that’s tip of the iceberg. Far as I’ve seen nobody charging for their ideas. Of course we do have some great home brew sponsors with websites for equipment and ingredients advertising here. The sight has to have money to operate. but that’s pretty cool because you can find a link for anything necessary to brew beer and get as deeply into it as you want

. I’m totally grateful to HBT. It’s about brewing and so much more.

Ok I’ve talked to much. Just want to note I do not work for HBT or any of its sponsors. I just love this site and am grateful for all who come here to contribute ideas, questions answers, critiques, and encouragement.

Cheers
Dan

Last edited:
Ooh, it is late. It’s not often I’m still awake at 1:00am. Seemed like perfect time to check this thread. It’s funny how often I’ll pick up a few images and ideas from HBT before falling asleep and percolate them around in my dream world. Thanks for the inspiration.

Ooh, it is late. It’s not often I’m still awake at 1:00am. Seemed like perfect time to check this thread. It’s funny how often I’ll pick up a few images and ideas from HBT before falling asleep and percolate them around in my dream world. Thanks for the inspiration.

Dream well!
Cheers
Dan

Well, it's so late here it's early. I agree with Dan about the HBT community. I snooped around here for years before I introduced myself and started participating. I rarely if ever ask direct questions, but that doesn't mean I'm not learning from nearly every post. Thanks, everyone!

Looking good Ischiavo. Your wife has some soaps curing (correct word?) on the shelves already. So cool!

So you’re an Electrician and carpenter, and creative and your wife shares in building, creating things too. That’s really wonderful Brother Leon!
Cheers!

Yes that is the curing station. I still have to put a door on it. There is a fan on the top to pull air through and help cure a little quicker. My wife has been making soap and a bunch of other bath products for quite a few years now. She couldn't keep up with sales so I figured it was time I stepped in to try and help her up the production;)

Life IS being creative and making things to me. I'd be lost if I ran out of projects. Thankfully, I doubt that could ever happen.

Yes that is the curing station. I still have to put a door on it. There is a fan on the top to pull air through and help cure a little quicker. My wife has been making soap and a bunch of other bath products for quite a few years now. She couldn't keep up with sales so I figured it was time I stepped in to try and help her up the production;)

Life IS being creative and making things to me. I'd be lost if I ran out of projects. Thankfully, I doubt that could ever happen.

I started making soap, then stopped just as fast. I quickly made a lifetime supply (I think I've used about 2 bars of it in the last 6 months, and I have tons I made a year ago). I'm not interested in selling it, so turns out it's not a useful hobby for me. I even bought a bunch of mica colors and a means to make my own essential oils. Haha.

I started making soap, then stopped just as fast. I quickly made a lifetime supply (I think I've used about 2 bars of it in the last 6 months, and I have tons I made a year ago). I'm not interested in selling it, so turns out it's not a useful hobby for me. I even bought a bunch of mica colors and a means to make my own essential oils. Haha.

I saw your still. Really cool. I think I'll let her keep buying the essential oils though. I've got other projects...;)

I certainly wouldn't have done all I have if it were just a hobby. It's a pretty legit biz for her. She makes a ton of other products besides the soap. It's selling so we're running with it.

Our first canning happens this week! Pretty stoked about it. 20bbl of our Pilsner, just in time for summer.

My garden is coming along well. I should be harvesting soon. Tomatoes, squash, okra, peppers, chilis. The fig trees are doing well. The chickens are laying well despite the heat. Life is good on Baggins Urban Farm.

I've been kind of sad about not gardening this year, but the way the weather was this spring, if there was a year I had to skip then I'll take this one.

Still, a good friend of mine has been talking about all the stuff he has been planting, and how enthused he is about all he is getting done, and I miss it.

But our house is on the market now and we've finally looked at a house in our new area. It was a definite "no", but we knew that going in. We were more interested in meeting the real estate agent who jumped at the chance to work with us when my wife randomly decided to call her up. There will be other houses to check out, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Monsoon is about to kick off! My favorite time of year. the cicadas start to make some noise, the sky starts to make some noise, everything turns green again. I think I'll brew something at home today.

Just bought four tires for my car on Amazon. Anyone ever done that? I'm gonna get them installed locally. Very good deal.

I've never even considered that. Maybe next time. As long as the installer doesn't care that you didn't get them from him. Glad you're not planning to install them yourself. Motorcycle, ATV and lawn mower tires are where I draw the line.

First time night owl here, loving this thread.

Haven't brewed since the start of the new year. Work, child, school, and just about everything else got in the way. Hell the kegerator even went dry. What self respecting homebrewer runs out of beer?

Some things started letting up a bit so I'll be fixing that this weekend. We're headed to the beach in about a month with the inlaws so I'll be requiring beer to survive. Keezer can be a fermentation fridge for 2 beers so hoping to double up.
One of the little joys in life for me is getting up early before the world wakes, sipping coffee, patting the dog's head, and planning what needs done that day and how to do it. I think tomorrow I'll plan a beer recipe. But first, some sleep.

Hello my old friends. Cheesy Goodness is back! Is that the same old Cheesy went on a Kombuka craze and hat whit galore? Or are there two?

You might be thinking of Creamy_goodness. Dude was hilarious, haven't seen him around in a while though. Funny enough my name on another forum was going to be creamy_goodness but it was taken, so I went with cheesy and kept with it on a handful of forums since then.

Well I ended up brewing a straight up wheat beer. Was hoping to get two done this past weekend and stick em both in the kegerator but she died on me. Got what I hope to be the replacement parts yesterday, I'll put them in today or tomorrow. Only a minor setback

You might be thinking of Creamy_goodness. Dude was hilarious, haven't seen him around in a while though. Funny enough my name on another forum was going to be creamy_goodness but it was taken, so I went with cheesy and kept with it on a handful of forums since then.

Well I ended up brewing a straight up wheat beer. Was hoping to get two done this past weekend and stick em both in the kegerator but she died on me. Got what I hope to be the replacement parts yesterday, I'll put them in today or tomorrow. Only a minor setback

Oops. Sorry. I realized I mix d the names while driving to work this morning.

Hope you get the fridge up and running!

Cheers
Dan

Double brew day today. It's 0dark30 and it's gonna be a long day. We'll have 20bbl of märzen in the fermenters when it's done. Our next beer to be canned.

Hola late nighters. Sitting here in the woman cave listening to comedy on Pandora and trying to rationalize skipping out on a baby shower for a bowling friend tomorrow so I can brew two batches before I have to be back at work Sunday, which also happens to be my daughter's 28th birthday. And sipping on some truly great beer made by my own hand. Rambling but that's what we're here for, right?

Latest posts

Back