I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked at Taco Bell in the mid-seventies when I was in high school. Michigan Ave in Dearborn. It was the 2nd busiest Taco Bell in the nation at the time. I tell my kids I invented the Burrito Supreme. They don't know if I'm joking or not.

Some amazing guitar for a Tuesday night.

[ame]http://youtu.be/Wr_9yt4hsHg[/ame]

The Ice! Brings back memories. I did four deployments with Antarctic Exploration Sqaudron Six. The airfield and all of our shops were set up on the temporary sea ice. Airplanes landed on ice!! Big airplan red a C-130 hercules and even the Airforce's C-5 - Thats a huge airplane.

Around December each year the weather warmed up and the top of the ice would melt. In the heavier foot traffic areas the top of the ice melted faster and large puddles would form so wooden pallets would be tossed down to walk on. By late December all our shops (they were on skis) were move over to the permanent snow covered ice and then the airplanes, LC-130s would take off on skis.

Those were some wild days - matter if fact 5-6 months of nothing but daylight. The sun didnt come up and go down, it went around directly over head in a circle. :)

I worked at Taco Bell in the mid-seventies when I was in high school. Michigan Ave in Dearborn. It was the 2nd busiest Taco Bell in the nation at the time. I tell my kids I invented the Burrito Supreme. They don't know if I'm joking or not.

http://youtu.be/Wr_9yt4hsHg

Im with LRB. I believe you too. ;)

http://youtu.be/Wr_9yt4hsHg

Id eat a Burrito supereme right now, and I believe you, and I would regret it tomorrow

I got dinged by youtube for "matched content" for posting Those Shoes. I thought that if you weren't making money on it covers were ok (lots of them on youtube) but I guess not. No big deal, they just blocked it in the USA and Canada. The link I posted here was still live even after youtube blocked it. Not sure why. A glitch maybe? But, since the owners don't want it played here I took it down. At least you guys got to hear it.

I got dinged by youtube for "matched content" for posting Those Shoes. I thought that if you weren't making money on it covers were ok (lots of them on youtube) but I guess not. No big deal, they just blocked it in the USA and Canada. The link I posted here was still live even after youtube blocked it. Not sure why. A glitch maybe? But, since the owners don't want it played here I took it down. At least you guys got to hear it.

Who would have known there was something wrong reapeating a Youutube video here? But your fix is an honorable move. Well done

And when you brew a rich pot of coffee at night you sleepwalk down Alameda Ave. And when you sleep walk down Alameda Ave, you get picked up by a 300lb transvestite looking for a good time.

And...? I hear a lot of WIN there. On a pot of Arabica fresh roast, I could handle a pile of transvestite.

For your late nite soundtrack, the late great Lou Reed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geez, you guys talked me into it. I'm making some coffee. I'll pass on the transvestite though.

And when you brew a rich pot of coffee at night you sleepwalk down Alameda Ave. And when you sleep walk down Alameda Ave, you get picked up by a 300lb transvestite looking for a good time.

Haha, made me laugh.

That's funny you guys recommended getting into coffee. March was the first month I bought fresh beans and gave up sugar/creamer.

Today, I took some coffee from work during a meeting.... It was disgusting. Flashback to 4 months ago, I drank the same coffee covered in creamer and had no issues ;0

I'm growing up.

That's funny you guys recommended getting into transvestite.

Today, I took some transvestite from work during a meeting.... It was disgusting. Flashback to 4 months ago, I had the same transvestite covered in creamer and had no issues ;0

I'm growing up.

I dunno, I think it works.

Friday yet?

Friday yet? Sunday would be better. I can't wait for this week to be over.

I missed the link between transvestite a and coffee. :confused:

I was looking for the thread about the lost Malaysian flight 370. I posted on it before. Couldn't find tonight. Maybe I just wasn't patient enough in my searching. I'm sure BHO could shed some light. He's a humble homebrewer ya know.

I'm working on a bathroom facelift. I gutted it 14 years ago but it needs a little help again. Mostly cosmetic...patching/painting/caulking. Three sons in the bathtub have flooded this room more than once. I'm actually surprised it has held up so well. I'm still keeping the old cast tub but I'm going to get rid of the old 5gal/flush toilet and get a new vanity top and faucet. Just removing fixtures now and washing/scuffing walls in prep for patching and painting.

This came up on the shuffle and I just immediately thought of all my friends here:

33 degrees and snowing like hell. A young man can have some fun in those conditions...

img_20140327_183314_172-62613.jpg

I had to put a long sleeve shirt on today during my bike ride (was in low 70's, brrrr).

Gonna brew, roast coffee, and go to the St. Pete Grand Prix this weekend. I'll bike St. Pete, get banana pancakes at Cafe Alma, my favorite breakfast place, watch some of the qualifying runs, then bike back home. Fun Saturday planned.

For your late nite soundtrack, Squeeze talking about one of my favorite experiences, coffee in bed. Nothing better than sitting in bed, watching the morning news, and drinking a fine freshly roasted and brewed cup of java. Mmmm.... (sorry for the super-80's video, that's all there was! )

33 degrees and snowing like hell. A young man can have some fun in those conditions...

[/QUOTE

Ischiavo, How deep is that snow? 3 feet? Its up to the bottom of the trampoline! Lots of sun here, temp was a chilly 72 today. Watching U of A trying to beat San Diego. GO CATS, BEAR DOWN!

I had to put a long sleeve shirt on today during my bike ride (was in low 70's, brrrr).

Gonna brew, roast coffee, and go to the St. Pete Grand Prix this weekend. I'll bike St. Pete, get banana pancakes at Cafe Alma, my favorite breakfast place, watch some of the qualifying runs, then bike back home. Fun Saturday planned.

For your late nite soundtrack, Squeeze talking about one of my favorite experiences, coffee in bed. Nothing better than sitting in bed, watching the morning news, and drinking a fine freshly roasted and brewed cup of java. Mmmm.... (sorry for the super-80's video, that's all there was! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9QZhLSKEps

I love Squeeze. I always that this song was kinda sad.

It's been a bit of a rough week at the CGVT Compound (if the Kennedys can have a compound why can't I? ;))

I started full time work two weeks ago after being retired for a little over a year and I've been putting in some pretty long hours. I came down with a pretty bad cold this week and I haven't slept well because of it. My garage door opener took a dump and I have to replace it. I ordered a trackless opener and it showed up yesterday and I need to install it this weekend. My refrigerator wasn't cooling very well so I cleaned it an defrosted it a few days ago. It worked ok for a couple of days and now it is not cooling again. It looks as if it is not defrosting and it is not getting air flow as it should. I imagine the auto defroster switch is messed up. At least I have a couple of garage fridges to put the food in... When I came home tonight I found out the the flush handle in one of our bathrooms is broken. I need to run to Home Depot and get a new one.

I'm really not complaining. Life is good and these are all minor inconveniences in the big scheme of things, but I really didn't want to spend my now precious weekend working on things like this.

Van the Man sums it up...;)

[ame]http://youtu.be/hY4PZ2bdkEE[/ame]

[/QUOTE

Ischiavo, How deep is that snow? 3 feet? Its up to the bottom of the trampoline! Lots of sun here, temp was a chilly 72 today. Watching U of A trying to beat San Diego. GO CATS, BEAR DOWN!

Yes, that's your standard backyard trampoline. I guess its close to three feet tall. Regardless, it is too much snow on the ground for this time of year. Global Cooling sucks!

It's been a bit of a rough week at the CGVT Compound (if the Kennedys can have a compound why can't I? ;))

I started full time work two weeks ago after being retired for a little over a year and I've been putting in some pretty long hours. I came down with a pretty bad cold this week and I haven't slept well because of it. My garage door opener took a dump and I have to replace it. I ordered a trackless opener and it showed up yesterday and I need to install it this weekend. My refrigerator wasn't cooling very well so I cleaned it an defrosted it a few days ago. It worked ok for a couple of days and now it is not cooling again. It looks as if it is not defrosting and it is not getting air flow as it should. I imagine the auto defroster switch is messed up. At least I have a couple of garage fridges to put the food in... When I came home tonight I found out the the flush handle in one of our bathrooms is broken. I need to run to Home Depot and get a new one.

I'm really not complaining. Life is good and these are all minor inconveniences in the big scheme of things, but I really didn't want to spend my now precious weekend working on things like this.

Van the Man sums it up...;)

http://youtu.be/hY4PZ2bdkEE

I wish I could get to the point where I just had maintenance to do. I have so many unfinished projects that I dont know where to start most days. I complain a lot but I think I need all these things to do. Someday they still will not all be done.

Damn it 55 here in illinois and storming. Trying some homebrew that's still young. It's green but good. How is everyone? I welcome spring but officially I welcome her May 10.

I wish I could get to the point where I just had maintenance to do. I have so many unfinished projects that I dont know where to start most days. I complain a lot but I think I need all these things to do. Someday they still will not all be done.

Ha! I know what you mean. We bought a foreclosure about 6 years ago. It wasn't trashed, but was dated and had a lot of things that needed to be done. I've plugged away at them pretty steadily but there is still a long list of things to do. When I was not working in my short retirement, I had time but not enough money to really do things right. Now that I am working again, I have more money but no time.

I am in the same boat as you. Someday they will not all be done.

Ischiavo, your backyard looks like a winter wonderland!

Hey Dan. I was hoping you would show up. The backyard is tonight. It snowed and its warm. The boys built a snowman and came in soaking wet and they called off school! Things are good.

How are you? Well I hope.

I am lazy. Someone post their favorite Seven Mary Three or Marcy Playground tune.

Back