I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my friends from BeerForum won a march pump. I'm really happy for him. He's a nice guy!

I installed a bunch of ceramic tile today, and I feel like I got run over by a bus. I'm getting to old for this construction crap. I really need to consider looking for a job that's less physical. 25 years of hard labor has done me in!

It's only Monday, but I'm getting excited for my brew day this Saturday. I haven't brewed for a while due to finances, so this Saturday is going to be awesome. Brewing my first Oktoberfest. I realized today that the best thing about brewing an Oktoberfest is the promise of Fall. It's not bad yet, but I'll be B!tching about the heat in about 6 weeks. Fall is always very well received in my area. Nothing better than a good lager beer in autumn!

Cheers everybody! Hope all is well.

I got on the thread earlier this evening and wrote a long post in reply to Pappys TV fixing and LG's paintings. My reply was a work of art :fro: and I somehow dumped it into the same black box that is hidden somewhere - nowhere..

I'm leaving for Hawaii two weeks from tomorrow or 4/15. Cheers to you guys. Lifes changing for me, if in a few weeks I don't post much it is not because I have stopped caring. It's just life is taking a financial and stuff change. Not for the better. Internet might not be top of the list. I'll still keep the cellphone. So if you see some un-intelligible text coming from me.. I'm using a phone to text.

Cheers my friends.. cheers for all the good times and friendship.

I got on the thread earlier this evening and wrote a long post in reply to Pappys TV fixing and LG's paintings. My reply was a work of art :fro: and I somehow dumped it into the same black box that is hidden somewhere - nowhere..

I'm leaving for Hawaii two weeks from tomorrow or 4/15. Cheers to you guys. Lifes changing for me, if in a few weeks I don't post much it is not because I have stopped caring. It's just life is taking a financial and stuff change. Not for the better. Internet might not be top of the list. I'll still keep the cellphone. So if you see some un-intelligible text coming from me.. I'm using a phone to text.

Safe travels and best of luck Dan! I think it will be a great new experience for you.

Keep in touch as much as you can, and when you can't just know that your friends here will be thinking of you!

Safe travels and best of luck Dan! I think it will be a great new experience for you.

Keep in touch as much as you can, and when you can't just know that your friends here will be thinking of you!

Mike, that means quite a lot to me. Thank you my friend. Truly, truly indeed! :mug:

Good luck Dan. I hope to see you on the island(s) someday. I haven't made it there yet, but you never know. HI has a nice public library system and very good wifi access everywhere, so no excuses for not posting (btw I just made that up, but its paradise so it seems probable). Have fun and hug your wife.

You must be talking about the people who've already done all the dumb things, made all the mistakes, infected enough beers, broke countless hydrometers, stuck the sparge, horribly missed their OG/FG, made a DME mess, boiled over, broke the carboy, burned feet, all that stuff you haven't done yet.

They're not gods, they just started this odyssey before you did. Start posting, you'll be one of them soon enough.
Haha, as I get more batches with less gusher infections under my belt I'll start contributing. I'm pretty sure I've done all those things except broken a carboy.

Brewing Gods who post here? Hmm...?

Good people, humble brewers, and HBTians who welcome others and share ideas are who post here. Only rule here, if I may. Is to treat others with dignity and respect and share brewing adventures and life stuff. Not actually a requirement to share your life here but it does sometimes happen over time.

Not sure if I come across as welcoming or condescending. But believe me it's welcoming.

There are some wonderful people on HBT, you can find many of them here. Bring on your thoughts Skeptidelphian and welcome to "this time of night" on HBT. :mug:

Dan
There are a lot of great people here. I've read a lot and have a lot of theoretical knowledge - brewing experience is ~ two years. I've brewed maybe 15-16 batches. Now that I'm kegging I'll brew more (HATE BOTTLING) but once I get more experience I'll contribute more...worthwhile discussions.

This time of night will be rarely visited except on weekends. I have a factory job that has me up at 4AM - that's what happens when you major in history...

Hey all. I just got a neat phone call from the gas company. In a nutshell they aee coming out to my rental property to do an energy efficiency assessment and will take steps to make It more efficient. Ie window caulking, weather strips, possibly more insulation in the attic and a few other things. All paid for by the gas company which in realty is paid by customers via a sir charge. I never qualified for

Arg

Not sure if its a new program but I had never heard of it when I lived in the house. It might have cut down on those outrageous summer time electric bills. Ha!

Haha, as I get more batches with less gusher infections under my belt I'll start contributing. I'm pretty sure I've done all those things except broken a carboy...
It sounds like you're doing things right then. If everything always goes right, you never learn anything.

About two months ago my furnace fan started making a horrible noise. It's an old furnace so I figured it was bye bye fan bearings. It was still working, so I didn't immediately call anybody.

After work today I decided to pull the service panel off and take a look, in case there was a grease zerk or something and I could get it to quite down for a while until it was replaced.

It turns out that some random piece of insulation had gotten sucked into the fan and was smacking the side of the ducting when the fan turned. Nothing at all was wrong with the actual fan. Wish I'd looked at it earlier. It's a load off my mind to have that resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be careful. When they get there, find out if they are really affiliated with the gas company at all. I've seen this scam first hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks for the heads-up. I haven't given them permission yet. My old next door neighbor works for the gas company, I'll ask him what he knows anything about these guys. I haven't checked my email yet but the guy is suppose to send me release form. Maybe time for some internet searching.

Well, I called the gas company and it's legit, the program is called the Energy Savings Assistance Program (ESAP) and is offered to qualifying customers. Great deal, I wish they would have offered it when I lived there; they probably did and I just didn't take advantage of the program. I also asked the gas company if the particular company doing the work was on their list of contractors and they are so I feel okay about this now.

Thanks for suggesting I double check on it PP. There are certainly a lot of scams out there…anybody want a free home alarm installation? I’ll be paying for mine the next two years! :(

Dan, Good luck with the transition to Hawaii. We will be here to translate the cryptic phone posts, chuckling to ourselves. Friends always. When I win the next big lottery I'll bring all of us over to visit, have a few home brews on the beach.

One of my friends from BeerForum won a march pump. I'm really happy for him. He's a nice guy!

I installed a bunch of ceramic tile today, and I feel like I got run over by a bus. I'm getting to old for this construction crap. I really need to consider looking for a job that's less physical. 25 years of hard labor has done me in!

It's only Monday, but I'm getting excited for my brew day this Saturday. I haven't brewed for a while due to finances, so this Saturday is going to be awesome. Brewing my first Oktoberfest. I realized today that the best thing about brewing an Oktoberfest is the promise of Fall. It's not bad yet, but I'll be B!tching about the heat in about 6 weeks. Fall is always very well received in my area. Nothing better than a good lager beer in autumn!

I just busted out my terrible but incredibly solid bathroom floor tile. I salvaged the cement board with some precision jack hammering and a thin set skim coat. All ready for new tile whenever you have the time;)

Dan, Good luck with the transition to Hawaii. We will be here to translate the cryptic phone posts, chuckling to ourselves. Friends always. When I win the next big lottery I'll bring all of us over to visit, have a few home brews on the beach.

Count me in when you win the lottery. I'd like to drink homebrew on the beach and visiting Dan would be nice too;)

So anyone still awake out there? I'm just done working on the bathroom for the night.

What band, what song (this one always cracked me up):

"His strangely turbocharged penis head was making him do it that way"

Good tunes tonight. Zombies and Yes. Thanks.

I will be looking for your posts from Paradise, Dan. I went to REFTRA in Honoruru a couple of times in a prior life. I enjoyed my time there.

Today is the one year anniversary of my retirement from the Coast Guard. I miss the comradery.

Sounds like an exciting time for you Dan. Ending some chapters, starting some new ones. And what better way to do it than island style. Before you know it you'll be speaking pidgin ;) Hope you have a safe journey you lucky bastard :mug:

Good luck Mr. Dan.

How's the HBT crowd tonight?

Just fine Mr. Bberg. How are you?

Here's some traveling music for Dan, and anyone else deciding to hit the road soon. Hope life is treating you fairly, late nite crowd. Love this movie, and any time I hit the road I think of Hoffman in that little MG. Love that movie, and especially Katherine Ross.

I did a lot of tiling last summer. 1400 square feet. That was some darn hard work but it's a great investment

Hey guys and possible gals. I've been busy brewing more and more.

Last night I brewed a German pils. Took a long time. I was sippin on some applejack and it caught up to me by nights end. How is everyone?

Passed pawn, I'll be in Clearwater beach late next week. Maybe Sunday. Let me know if you wanna get that coffee or a beer.

Hey guys and possible gals. I've been busy brewing more and more.

Last night I brewed a German pils. Took a long time. I was sippin on some applejack and it caught up to me by nights end. How is everyone?

Passed pawn, I'll be in Clearwater beach late next week. Maybe Sunday. Let me know if you wanna get that coffee or a beer.

Of course.

Just fine Mr. Bberg. How are you?

Here's some traveling music for Dan, and anyone else deciding to hit the road soon. Hope life is treating you fairly, late nite crowd. Love this movie, and any time I hit the road I think of Hoffman in that little MG. Love that movie, and especially Katherine Ross.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y_EMhWIcy4

Great movie, an updated version of Mrs Robinson although nothing wrong with the original
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvMFm5nKeUc

Katherine Ross - Ohhhh how I liked her in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.....mmmmm...late night dreams in my pre high schools days.

Living the dream :0 I feel like I'm ready for PA to warm up and stop raining.

I'm patiently waiting for my first batch of bottles to carbonate... This is why I like my kegs!

I just busted out my terrible but incredibly solid bathroom floor tile. I salvaged the cement board with some precision jack hammering and a thin set skim coat. All ready for new tile whenever you have the time;)

Count me in when you win the lottery. I'd like to drink homebrew on the beach and visiting Dan would be nice too;)

So anyone still awake out there? I'm just done working on the bathroom for the night.

What band, what song (this one always cracked me up):

"His strangely turbocharged penis head was making him do it that way"

Sounds like an exciting time for you Dan. Ending some chapters, starting some new ones. And what better way to do it than island style. Before you know it you'll be speaking pigeon ;) Hope you have a safe journey you lucky bastard :mug:
I wouldn't. All they talk about is air currents, and that gets soooo boring after a while. It just takes the fun out of throwing yourself at the ground and missing.

I'll trade you an Old Milwaukee light for a Coors but only because I like you.

That's more than fair:

!!!milwakii.jpg

Back