i knew the answer yesterday.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so i got some carn apple, said something like 47 grams carbs for i forget what serving size, added 9 gallons of that to 11 gallons apple juice (9 was all they had of the cran)

think the kroger apple juice was around 32 a serving for carbs....i added 4lb's sugar to the bucket and, well i think the cran apple had safttey shorts on...so it didn't rip...i didn't check the OG by hydro, but after a couple day slugish fermentation, it was at 1.090. i panicked, because i was on my last keg and needed something fast, so i dumped a bunch extra yeast in! fermentation took off, but my keg kicked... and i burst carb half my 10 gallons into a keg. drinking it now feels like a 8 or a 9% er, but i check the gravity it was at 1.020...

so just that i can pradict how much weight i'll gain drink this keg i'm try to figure out if it started at 1.095 or something, and i kegged at 1.020...that's around 7.8% ABW, but how many pessky 4 callorie a gram carbs would a 340 gram glass have?

gotta watch the waist and this will be a killer. but hell better then blowing $20 on a 30 pack of MHL, lol...

i remember points, and like it was all clear to me just yesterday...i whipped out windows calc and got 1.018 for the 4lb's sugar in 10 gallons, and i calced all the other stuff as a 8oz servine...all was beautiful, then i went to sleep on a drill bit and got a weird nights sleep. can't remember how to do points now...but if i have 5 gallons of 1.020 carn apple stuff how many grams of cabr is that in a 12oz BW glass?

Wait - what was the question? :D

are you telling me there's 42 grams of sugar in every 340 gram pour? or 10.5? figuring 4 calories a gram for carbs?

and i swear i was all proud of myself yesterday for the ah-ha moment i understood points! :mug:

do i need to divided by 10 multiply by 10 or something, i forgot. i had some good dreams though! i got 1.018 for the 4lb's of sugar in 10 gallons yesterday, but today i got like 1.040..or something....

(maybe the calculator updated overnight i don't know, i swear it must have been the drill bit i was sleeping on draining my soul! lol)

edit: points are like logarythms to me...i get tagents, cosignes, sines and stuff, but how to combine them, or even understand why multiples of multiples are easy to be hard to understand....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back