i just saw the most expensive hop in history

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copachono

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i was navigating on AHS when a saw a wild price on a single OZ of hop 10k, its quite a big price

1650566322919.png

They had a bunch of them listed for 9999.99

Someone clearly munged the database, stepped on the foreign key constraint or broke the referential integrity for the lookups.

Or was having a good laugh. Ya gotta watch those DBA types, they're always doing weird stuff just for laughs and to watch the Marketing yahoo's heads explode. Ask me how I know....

Someone clearly munged the database, stepped on the foreign key constraint or broke the referential integrity for the lookups.

Or was having a good laugh. Ya gotta watch those DBA types, they're always doing weird stuff just for laughs and to watch the Marketing yahoo's heads explode. Ask me how I know....

So you're either a DBA or a Marketing yahoo.

My guess is a DBA.

backintheday (early 90's) I worked at a facility that was part of the nuclear weapons complex. I was messing around on the network and found that their databases were not protected from editing. I changed some things in there, just to see if I could. Called into the network folks to alert them to the issue, and found myself in the hotseat. They did not appreciate my probing.

backintheday (early 90's) I worked at a facility that was part of the nuclear weapons complex. I was messing around on the network and found that their databases were not protected from editing. I changed some things in there, just to see if I could. Called into the network folks to alert them to the issue, and found myself in the hotseat. They did not appreciate my probing.
They never do.

Probably fortunate to only be in the hot seat and not the electric chair. Did you have trouble passing your next PRP check? The guys who audit and monitor those who have even peripheral access to nukes are a humorless lot. Don't ask me how I know.

Probably fortunate to only be in the hot seat and not the electric chair. Did you have trouble passing your next PRP check? The guys who audit and monitor those who have even peripheral access to nukes are a humorless lot. Don't ask me how I know.
I was Q-cleared til I quit. Actually got in trouble a couple of other times there haha.

Back