I just had the best beer I have ever had...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slantedbolt

Reaction score
I have been seeing Chimay Grande Reserve for a while now and never thought much to try it because I have never had a Trappist ale.

What the hell is wrong with me!

When I saw it on Beer Advocates top 100 and thought I would try it.

:rockin::rockin::rockin:

I think I am in love... :mug:

Try Rochefort 10 if you haven't. It will take your tastebuds to a new level. Btw, Chimay Grande Reserve really improves with age. Try putting one away for a few years.

Try Rochefort 10 if you haven't. It will take your tastebuds to a new level. Btw, Chimay Grande Reserve really improves with age. Try putting one away for a few years.

That's a great beer. I was actually out for dinner last night at a Belgian restaurant, and had a bottle of Rochefort 8 (amongst other things). It's $12/bottle where I had it but at 9.2% alcohol, it takes the place of a couple of drinks. The Rochefort 6 is also good, if you want something a little less boozy.

I like Belgians in general. Rodenbach Grand Cru is an amazing one to try... definitely has a unique taste. If you've never had a 'sour' beer, it might through you off a little bit.

Latest posts

Back