I just got a gallon of WF Honey, what should I do

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wxman73

Reaction score
Hi All,

Back in March I tried to make my first mead. I used 12# of honey for a 5 gallon batch. It came out very dry and almost watery. I wasn't very happy with it. Thee are some off tastes to it as well. But I won't give up...

A friend at work keeps bees and just gave me a free gallon of honey. Mostly from fall wildflowers and goldenrod. My question is what should I make with it? I am thinking about making 1 gallon of sweet mead, and then making a braggot. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers,

Brian

You had 21 lbs in 5 gallons (SG ~1.151) go dry? That yeast must have been an absolute beast.

Hi All,

Back in March I tried to make my first mead. I used 12# of honey for a 5 gallon batch. It came out very dry and almost watery. I wasn't very happy with it. Thee are some off tastes to it as well. But I won't give up...

A friend at work keeps bees and just gave me a free gallon of honey. Mostly from fall wildflowers and goldenrod. My question is what should I make with it? I am thinking about making 1 gallon of sweet mead, and then making a braggot. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers,

Brian

Bring it to my house.

Latest posts

Back