I have no yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Srceenplay

Reaction score
An I brew today and not pitch till Tuesday??
Earliest I can get yeast. Won't be able to brew again for another 2 weeks.

The short answer is yes. You will run an extra risk of infection, but if you have good sanitization habits you should be fine. A few folks use a no-chill method where they leave the wort overnight (or longer) before pitching yeast.

Thanks for the quick reply!!

Just got a hold of my brother and the garden center down the road from him sells homebrew supply's. He gonna go check on yeast for me.

Can you chill the wort until you can pitch?

Sure, but you should let it come back up to room temp. Ideally you want to pitch at the same temperature that your activated yeast is. So like 80-90 degrees. Room temp is fine though.

Sure, but you should let it come back up to room temp. Ideally you want to pitch at the same temperature that your activated yeast is. So like 80-90 degrees. Room temp is fine though.

you do NOT want to pitch yeast into wort that warm.

Well, what I meant to say was chill it until you're ready too pitch, but warm to room temperature prior to. I figured folks would know what I meant without having to use so many words.

Latest posts

Back