I have decided something.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when the most popular site on the internet was diewesleydie.com (before the web). he wasn't the most well-liked guy on tv. i wouldn't watch any episode where he played a major part

I'm sure he's already seen the thread. and probably my latest review. now we just need him to understand that brewing this beer is the right thing to do.

Ok, but what makes it so important that you HAVE to get a beer named after you? Wil is just another guy who happens to have access to media resources and a modest amount of prior fame from an old TV show and a movie.

Movies. And cartoons. And video games. His fame really holds little significance. Rather despite the fame, he's a good ol' nerd like the rest of us, passionate about the bhobby/craft/art/science of brewing. There are many of you I would like to have brew a beer named after me. I just picked on him first. Ha!

@shooter - wasn't that you that was all "Wil Wheaton" crazy when we were in the conference? Someone in our group was. It was like, "Drink Wil Wheaton's stout! Here, take a sip!" "Take a picture of me and Wil Wheaton!" "Don't you love Wil Wheaton's blue plaid shirt?" "Oh my goodness, Wil Wheaton is coming this way!"

Or was that @Soperbrew ? I know it was somebody I was hanging out with.

I will admit that his stout was pretty good. He's awfully hairy, though. Much hairier in person. Wil, not Soper.

I didn't try any of his beer. I did talk to him at the Northern Brewer booth on the first day, but we talked mostly about his internet board game show Table Top. I did get a picture to send to my kids. They were mighty impressed!

I didn't try any of his beer. I did talk to him at the Northern Brewer booth on the first day, but we talked mostly about his internet board game show Table Top. I did get a picture to send to my kids. They were mighty impressed!

I knew it was "one of us" but I sure can't remember who. I did talk to a couple thousand people (or more than a couple thousand, as I wasn't counting) but my memory is usually pretty good at things like that.

In my defense, I drink. You may not have realized that.

Speaking of pictures- I have one of you taken at about 8 AM. I was sitting there talking to you, and someone snapped a picture. You were sooooooo hungover!

This is off topic but... I've started a new job as an over the road trucker. I'm in m lovell wyoming at the moment and there's a forklift operator that looks and talks exactly like you in your youtube videos. Minus tattoos that is. You gots a twin billy.

I do have a cousin (in TX maybe?) that I haven't seen in 30 years. stupid family drama. but we looked like twins when we were 5. and he's an a-hole. anyone who's a jerk face to Granny Klubb is an instant a-hole. it makes me want to go all Billy Klubb in Vegas on him.

Wil. Wheaton. Imperial Stout it up. stoutseason365, Wil. stoutseason365.

I support your bid to have WW make a stout in your honor. All the best ideas come out of SW Minnesota and this continues the tradition of excellence in the most unlikely of places.

We've all seen the bad-ass Billy-Klubb (and brothers) pictures. There's no way Wil Wheaton will name a beer after someone who'd have given him wedgies all through high school.

Does Wil Wheaton even homebrew anymore? I haven't seen him comment on Twitter or any other social media about it lately. I see he drinks all kinds of craft beers, but I'm wondering if the homebrewing fad has passed him by.

Maybe he would name a beer after you if you name a beer after him.

I'd go with, "Wil's Wheat 'N Hops" A hoppy wheat beer.

Does Wil Wheaton even homebrew anymore? I haven't seen him comment on Twitter or any other social media about it lately. I see he drinks all kinds of craft beers, but I'm wondering if the homebrewing fad has passed him by.

Maybe he would name a beer after you if you name a beer after him.

I'd go with, "Wil's Wheat 'N Hops" A hoppy wheat beer.

dammit. you're gonna make me use my brain. and if I keep doing that, they won't let me weld anymore. but I think that's an awesome idea!

how 'bout it, Wil? PM me and we'll collaborate on recipes that reflect the other.

Oh, that must have been somebody else. Also, I deny these WILD allegations!!!!

Would you like me to post the picture right here? :D But, at least you were upright and taking nourishment at 8 AM, unlike some of the people we were out with the night before. I think @Soperbrew showed up at noon, maybe later.

Would you like me to post the picture right here? :D But, at least you were upright and taking nourishment at 8 AM, unlike some of the people we were out with the night before. I think @Soperbrew showed up at noon, maybe later.

I have always prided myself on slogging through. NOT saying that was necessary in this case. In fact, who are you again? I am pretty sure I do not know you and you must have me confused with someone else.

do it. do it now.

What are you DOING man?!?!!?

I have always prided myself on slogging through. NOT saying that was necessary in this case. In fact, who are you again? I am pretty sure I do not know you and you must have me confused with someone else.

Oh, c'mon, you know I'm great fun!

That's why you were hung over, after all.

so I have not forgotten nor am I giving up. but I have been rethinking the raspberries. I think I'm gonna leave them out and push more blackberries. what do you think Wil?

so I have not forgotten nor am I giving up. but I have been rethinking the raspberries. I think I'm gonna leave them out and push more blackberries. what do you think Wil?

I say, as long as they are punched berries.

:)

Back