I have Bell's 2 row wort, how to add specialty grains to it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OptimusJay

Reaction score
I was at Bells for the 4th annual homebrew expo yesterday and got around 6 gallons of their basic 2 row wort (as did 200 other people there). So now I have a recipe that I want to brew but want to know the best way to incorporate the other grains (aromatic, biscuit, crystal #, whatever). I was thinking just treat them as steeping grains and add that to the existing wort. Is it as easy as that? What is the standard water-to-grain ratio for specialty grains that don't require conversion?

Thanks,
Jay

There is not a ratio for steeping grains. I would steep them in the wort beforce you boil it. Probably around 30 minutes or so at 155-160 would do.

You takeaway the 5+ gal of their wort (free, I should add) and brew whatever you want. You can choose to give them some of the finishes beer for judging. The winner has their brew brewed at the Eccentric Cafe's small batch system. It was a great time and they gave away a lot on nice stuff too, plate chillers, grain, all kinda of nice stuff.
Jay

Latest posts

Back