I hate the Ducks. Go Stanford...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They don't crack the top 100 academic ranking and their football team is headed that way, too.

She rolls a helluva joint my man

Right on, LMAO. You're a good sport, sorry for the hate, just rattling your cage. Ducks are super fun to watch, and in reality, there are probably intramural teams at Oregon that could beat the squad at my school.:mug:

Yeah, I give Hoppy a lot of poop, but he has been a good sport.
I still believe the Ducks suck.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1413053448.085764.jpg

You're almost as bad a sore loser as you are a sore winner. I bet you dress like Gus Malzahn: a visor, mock turtleneck and a sweater vest with khaki's and all white sneakers.

And that just goes to show how much you really don't know me lol. BUT I take pride today in the fact that my tigers are still ahead of your duckies in the polls lol.

Does your team even have a "battle cry" are they good enough and deserving of one?

Ok, You got that one.
On a lighter note, the Beavs are an excellent team this year... um... yeah... we MIGHT have one more win this year.. maybe against WSU since Halliday us out. Did you see that hit?!? Eggh! Makes my skin crawl

So what, Oregon beat Stanford... What was Stanford's aspirations for the year again? Beating Oregon? Big whoop.

So if Stanford's aspirations for the year weren't to beat Oregon, what were they exactly? Were they headed to this odd new playoff? No? Conference championship? No? Did they have anything going for them at all? And then Oregon took the one thing they were hanging on from them... Who cares other than you and hoppy?

Don't be so obsessed with the ducks and then act like you don't care. It's like talking out of both sides of your face. Just another win against Stanford. Haters only remember the uncommon loss and ignore the normal. Right now Arizona fans think they own the Ducks. LOL. Nice fluke win again by the way. Dyer run in the natty. Lucky FG return against Bama. Broke back end zone leg fumble. How long do you think that fortune will last? Your shirty team has used all nine lives this decade. In fact, if you didn't play in such a moral flexible environment (endorsed by advertising money by ESPN) you'd be nothing but **** stain on the sport like your residents are to their community.

But hey, you guys have a neat 'war cry' waaaaah eeeegaw!!

Put down the pot. You've smoked yourself stupid. Moral flexible environment? If that were remotely true wouldn't that be the pot calling the kettle black? Get over yourself, the ducks are THE most over rated team in college footbal. How many top ten or even 15 ranked teams has oregon beat in the last two years? Compare that to auburn just this year alone. Auburn literally has the toughest schedule in the nation this year and their only loss is to the number one team in the nation, not too shabby I'd say. Who did oregon lose to again? How high were they ranked after they beat Oregon? See where I'm going with this?

Side note... word on the street is Measure 91 passed... Yaaay!!

Put down the pot. You've smoked yourself stupid. Moral flexible environment? If that were remotely true wouldn't that be the pot calling the kettle black? Get over yourself, the ducks are THE most over rated team in college footbal. How many top ten or even 15 ranked teams has oregon beat in the last two years? Compare that to auburn just this year alone. Auburn literally has the toughest schedule in the nation this year and their only loss is to the number one team in the nation, not too shabby I'd say. Who did oregon lose to again? How high were they ranked after they beat Oregon? See where I'm going with this?

Out of boredom, I looked it up (wins against top 15 teams since 2010):
2010: Stanford (#9)
2011: Stanford (#3) and Wisconsin (#9, bowl)
2012: Kansas State (#6, bowl)
2013: UCLA (#12)
2014: Michigan State (#7)

So yeah, not a ****load. Especially for a team that has the most wins since 2010. Pretty easy when you don't play anyone...

Boredom or obsession? That's weird because I've never thought about looking at that. Also, seems super convenient to omit 10 of the 25 ranked teams in you and jhoneyinbreed's standard of analysis. By now you should tip your hat to a good program and stop hating. There's really not a lot to hate....

Boredom or obsession? That's weird because I've never thought about looking at that. Also, seems super convenient to omit 10 of the 25 ranked teams in you and jhoneyinbreed's standard of analysis. By now you should tip your hat to a good program and stop hating. There's really not a lot to hate....

If I was obsessed, I'd already have known that Oregon doesn't beat a lot of top ranked teams...

Out of boredom, I looked it up (wins against top 15 teams since 2010):
2010: Stanford (#9)
2011: Stanford (#3) and Wisconsin (#9, bowl)
2012: Kansas State (#6, bowl)
2013: UCLA (#12)
2014: Michigan State (#7)

So yeah, not a ****load. Especially for a team that has the most wins since 2010. Pretty easy when you don't play anyone...

Lol. I didn't realize how right I was. I was just going off what radio commentators have been saying. Oregon really dies suck in the grand scheme of things huh.

Quick recap:

Oregon
2009 Wins: #18 Utah, #6 Cal, #4 USC, #13 Oregon State
2009 Losses: #14 Boise State, Unranked Stanford, #8 Ohio State

2010 Wins: #9 Stanford, #24 USC, #21 Arizona
2010 Losses: #1 Auburn

2011 Wins: #18 Arizona State, #3 Stanford, #9 Wisconsin
2011 Losses: #4 LSU, #18 USC

2012 Wins: #22 Arizona, #23 Washington, #18 USC, #16 Oregon State, #6 Kansas State
2012 Losses: #14 Stanford

2013 Wins: #16 Washington, #12 UCLA
2013 Losses: #6 Stanford, Unranked Arizona

2014 Wins: #7 Michigan State, #18 UCLA
2014 Losses: Unranked Arizona

Alabama
2009 Wins: #7 Virginia Tech, #20 Ole Miss, #22 South Carolina, #9 LSU, #1 Florida, #2 Texas
2009 Losses: None

2010 Wins: #18 Penn State, #10 Arkansas, #7 Florida, #17 Mississippi State, #7 Michigan State
2010 Losses: #19 South Carolina, #10 LSU, #2 Auburn

2011 Wins: #23 Penn State, #14 Arkansas, #12 Florida, #1 LSU
2011 Losses: #1 LSU

2012 Wins: #8 Michigan, #13 Mississippi State, #5 LSU, #3 Georgia, #1 Notre Dame
2012 Losses: #15 Texas A&M

2013 Wins: #6 Texas A&M, #21 Ole Miss, #10 LSU
2013 Losses: #4 Auburn, #11 Oklahoma

2014 Wins: #21 Texas A&M
2014 Losses: #11 Ole Miss

Summary

Since 2009:
Oregon has lost to three unranked teams; Alabama has lost to zero.
Oregon has beaten six Top-10 teams; Alabama has beaten 14 Top-10 teams.
Oregon has beaten 19 Top-25 teams; Alabama has beaten 24 Top-25 teams.

Average ranking of ranked teams beaten since 2009: Oregon (13.8); Alabama (10.8)
Average ranking of ranked teams lost to since 2009: Oregon (14.3); Alabama (9.1)

Of course, the latter is hard to do since Oregon has lost to several unranked teams and Alabama has not, so I just included a #26 ranking for the unranked teams Oregon has lost to. In other words, Oregon is beating worse teams and losing to worse teams. Alabama is beating better teams and losing to better teams.

And finally:
Football National Championships since 2009: Alabama: 3
Football National Champsionships ever: Oregon: 0

Excellent analysis AZ_IPA. I am way too lazy to do all that work, but thanks for effort.

Just to be clear, I still hate the ducks. Just hate, hate, hate 'em.

Sincerely,
Duck hater.

Back