I got a Kegarator!!!!!

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
Last Thursday I picked up a Frigidaire fridge, 20 lb CO2 bottle, Tap, shank, and other assorted odds and ends. as well as a Sankey Coupler and a 15g Miller keg (which will soon be a brewing pot) all for $325 off of Craigslist. After a trip to my LHBS and another few dollars, I am out of the bottling business!!!!! I filled a keg with my latest amber and was drinking it by Sunday albeit not carbed to full potential. Now I need to start saving a few dollars each check to buy additional kegs and gear I guess.

Zamial

Reaction score
GRATS! I to recently had a similar CL score. I will still have to bottle just not nearly as much! I also am REALLY enjoying being able to walk over and pull myself a fresh tapped pumpkin ale...while the rest of it is still conditioning...It tastes like VICTORY!

geistbear

Reaction score
Congrats, you will not regret the move to kegging if you aren't patient about carbonating your beer I would recommend get a Stone, they do a great job, well worth the money.

Reaction score
Can't believe I am the first one to say this... pics or it didn't happen. We are all voyeurs who enjoy to see other people's stuff. :p

Sounds like a good haul too. I went kegs recently and love it. I can see bottling special brews but for the most part I won't be going back.

Zamial

Reaction score
Can't believe I am the first one to say this... pics or it didn't happen. We are all voyeurs who enjoy to see other people's stuff. :p

Sounds like a good haul too. I went kegs recently and love it. I can see bottling special brews but for the most part I won't be going back.
+1 for the pics...

and the part about "special beers only getting bottled" ya my thoughts exactly!

OP
M

MississippiSlim

Reaction score
Will have to post pics next week when I get in from work. Right now the original tap is on the side but eventually I will move all the taps to the front and run the CO2 line out the side so that there will be more room for kegs inside.

Latest posts