I fisted my Irish Red!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinfan30

Reaction score
This happen to anyone? I was filling my fermenter from the brew pot when I dropped the strainer in the wort in the fermenter that was half full. In my half drunken stupor, I thrust my hand into the wort to remove the strainer. Im going to finish it out and bottle it. I know there's a good chance I infected it though..

Exactly what everyone was thinking, and nobody else would say...

OP, is there a chance? Sure. Odds are, though, that the yeast will do their thing and outgrow anything else, and your beer will be fine.

Haha! Just a little humor in the morning.

That's kinda what I was leaning towards.

I've done the same thing, actually. I did dunk my hand in sanitizer real quick, but not really my arm. My beer was absolutely fine, one of my best batches, actually.

Trollololol....

And yes, I just did that with my dunkel, grommet fell in and I ripped my damn shirt off like superman and reached in for it. Bottle up, tastes fine, HOWEVER, I did notice in fermentation bucket a little hair or 2 floating on the top. Its comforting to know that there's a little piece of me in every bottle.

Back