I Call Him Benis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So my dog wakes me up every single day by first jumping on me and trying to stuff his wet nose in my face. I do a total blanket cover and command him to feck off. So he sets off in search of something that he knows I will immediately take away from him, thus ensuring my alertness and ability to dispense (very expensive) dog food.

My kitchen counters are pretty barren of dog-grabbable items. But he's resourceful, rooting in my purse for cigarettes, special pen, car keys, cellphone.

I sleep on my sofa. Bean has brought me a kitchen chair, a table lamp, etc. I'm used to it.

This morning, I heard his front feet hit the counter in the kitchen. When the claw-taps reach the living room, I open my eye to see the damnfool with a 10-inch chef's knife, the very tip of its handle gently clasped in his teeth.
How did that dog manage to slide the knife sideways from a wooden butcher block, then get off the counter without stabbing himself?
Huh??

They can be very resouceful in getting what they want. I'll bet you love him to death though. What kind is he?

You still smoke? Wtf? You know Benis suffers from your second hand smoke, right?
lol I'm mostly kidding. To each their own.

"Field" bred Lab. Black, 1 1/2 y.o. He's quite a character. Sleeps on the kitchen table. Sometimes I wonder why I paid money for this kind of torture, LOL! But seriously, he's awesome, just a big difference from my last dog, a Lab/German Shepherd/ Golden Retriever mix. She was almost 15, so not very lively :) And my kids were young when we got her, so they tortured her!

The only thing I was ever able to do to get my lab/retriever mix to behave is run him ragged. He was unneutered (not sure why) and was the sweetest dog on the planet, but generally did exactly what he wanted to do, unless he was bone tired.

I presume he was going to either stab you in your sleep with the knife or cut onions for an omelet.

Why did Mr. Zamboni make you sleep on the couch?

Back