I brewed way too much...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andre the giant

Reaction score
OK, my sig has quite a collection of beers listed and there's a reason for that.

Since Feb. I've been building up beer because I was going to have a beer tasting event in the summer. So I brewed, and brewed... and brewed some more.

Well, on Saturday we had the party. There were only 12 of us, and some didn't drink because they were on low carb diets. (low carb diets.... don't get me started on that... any diet that excludes beer can't be good.) So what it boiled down to was, 8 people drinking, 9 varieties of beer to choose from, around 240 bottles in stock. Needless to say, I have lots of beer left. LOTS AND LOTS of beer left. I think we drank 50 bottles worth. So I've got 190 bottles plus the 5 gallons of Irish Red I need to bottle. I'm "beer rich." as we would have said back in college. I feel like the Bill Gates of homebrew, only less geeky.

I recommend stockpiling. Do multiple batches in quick succession until you build up a nice supply and variety. Then switch over to maintenance brewing.

PARTY AT ANDRE'S!!!

i've been doing one a weekend - usually i will brew on saturday and either rack or bottle on sunday. so far i have quite a collection some of which are bottled and some of which are in secondaries.

ATG, I took your advice... I've been brewing like a maniac - at least 5 gal per week for a month now, and I must say, I'm sleeping better because of it. Chief concern is finding bottles for 100L of beer....

I'm going to brew a batch of Spiced Strong English Ale this Saturday. That should wipe out all of the ingredients I have on hand. Then, it's time to place another order. :) There's so much I want to brew, and so little time. Dopplebock, Vanilla Porter, Pilsner, Dunkel, Blueberry Wheat, another batch of Belgian Wit.... At the least, it will keep me motivated.

sudsmonkey said:
Why in the Hell did they put Missouri so far for North Carolina? I'd love to help you with your problem. Why don't some of us hire a bus and come give you a hand?

How 'bout y'all come here to SW Ohio and have the party here? It's not so from either Missouri or North Carolina. :D I've got some Trappist-style Ale, Imperial Stout and Honey Brown to add to the collection, as well as lots of wine....... And zucchini.......

Back