I bought a bar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewman551

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I bought a bar! A friend of mine's mother owned an old beer joint on the river years ago, and they sold it a few years back, wherein all the equipment was put in storage. She recently passed away, and he cleaned out the storage building. I got this bar, the commercial kegerator, which has two taps and room to store four kegs, the Pepsi machine, plus an upright deep freezer for $340, and he helped unload it all, and that's some heavy stuff!

As you can see in the pics, I have to do some restoration to the sheet metal on the inside of the kegerator, as well as some restoration to the end of the bar, but I think everything works. I have to clean the coils on the Pepsi machine before plugging it in, but I know the fan works. The kegerator, even with the rusted inside floor, got to 40 degrees after being plugged up for only an hour.

What do you think? Did I get taken, or get a good deal? I like projects, so I think I got a steal. If it don't work out, I can scrap the kegerator for the stainless for around $200, I think. However, I have never had a kegerator, and have only bottled my beer, so I may ask lots of questions here.

Thanks!

IMG_20170502_185422753.jpg

IMG_20170502_185446061.jpg

IMG_20170502_185456355.jpg

IMG_20170502_185504932.jpg

IMG_20170502_185521326.jpg

IMG_20170502_185533892.jpg

IMG_20170502_185544000.jpg

Hi everyone,

I bought a bar! A friend of mine's mother owned an old beer joint on the river years ago, and they sold it a few years back, wherein all the equipment was put in storage. She recently passed away, and he cleaned out the storage building. I got this bar, the commercial kegerator, which has two taps and room to store four kegs, the Pepsi machine, plus an upright deep freezer for $340, and he helped unload it all, and that's some heavy stuff!

As you can see in the pics, I have to do some restoration to the sheet metal on the inside of the kegerator, as well as some restoration to the end of the bar, but I think everything works. I have to clean the coils on the Pepsi machine before plugging it in, but I know the fan works. The kegerator, even with the rusted inside floor, got to 40 degrees after being plugged up for only an hour.

What do you think? Did I get taken, or get a good deal? I like projects, so I think I got a steal. If it don't work out, I can scrap the kegerator for the stainless for around $200, I think. However, I have never had a kegerator, and have only bottled my beer, so I may ask lots of questions here.

Thanks!

With the Coors and Miller tap handles I'd say you got taken for that price... without them its worth so much more...
Just kidding. Looks like a nice setup anyone would love to own and sip some suds.

Back