Hydrometer breakage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many hydrometers have you broken?

• None

• 1-2

• 2-4

• 4+

Results are only viewable after voting.
I still have the same hydrometer I started with over 10 years ago. I must be doing something wrong ;)

I have two hydrometers and neither have ever broken... of course, I've only had them for 2 months... I did catch one in "mid-roll-heading-for-the-edge-of-the-table." Close call!

Dozens, but I have been brewing for over 35 years.
I cut down on my hydrometer consumption dramatically when I got a refractometer.

-a.

I started with a single hydrometer. One day I broke it. So I went without that day, and then bought another. Then broke that one. Then I bought two. Then I got two more in a craigslist buy with a bunch of other stuff. I broke one more, but still have plenty. It's been a while since I broke one.

Uh-oh did I just jinx myself? Good thing I just brewed. That gives me a month for the jinx to wear off.

In order to break one, I would actually have to use it. I just recently bought a refractometer. I am not sure why because I don't use it either.

Latest posts

Back