Hurricane Irma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrickyDick

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sitting in Mid-Central Florida, and the latest projected path is having the EYE go right across my home. At least I'm not on the coast.

Wish me luck.

TD

I'm a little northwest of you, hoping for the best. Also hoping this IPA finishes fermenting and clears up so I can keg it before the storm!

Be safe! It's been a big blow (no pun intended) to our dear friends and neighbors in Texas with Harvey. And then to see this headed for FL. It's overwhelming for so many.

Best of luck to anyone down there.
Your in our prayers. Hopefully it makes a u-turn & heads back out to sea.

Good luck to everyone in FL. My sister lives on 1 of the barrier islands, my mom lives about a mile inland. They're both hunkered down with friends further inland. I hope they'll be OK.
:(

Floridians don't run from hurricanes, we run to hurricane parties.

We are used to them, and we know what to do. I'm. Looking forward to the surf

Yall keep your heads down down there. I don't envy your situation, but hoping for the best.

...and everybody else, don't forget to put out your rain buckets for a hurricane ale. ;)

Floridians don't run from hurricanes, we run to hurricane parties.

We are used to them, and we know what to do. I'm. Looking forward to the surf

I hope you are being sarcastic. That attitude is what gets people killed!!!

Maybe a category 1 but Irma is nothing to be laughed at.

BTW I am not saying that as a Rhode Islander. I lived about 1/3 of my life in Florida.

Of course I am lol. Anything above a 2 is serious storm. Irma will be a 2 or 3 when it hits my area and we have mandatory evacuation for coastal areas. But we know how to handle ourselves.

But I am being serious about the surf. And the parties. Bars have hurricane parties when it's not a serious storm. They won't be many parties after Saturday.

This storm definitely has my attention. I am not in an evacuation zone so we will be riding it out like a lot of people. Be safe and Godspeed my fellow Floridians!

John

Good Luck everyone from Florida! I have a bunch of family and friends in Florida. I keep thinking of my sister with this hurricane, her middle name is Irma. Go figure.

The forecast has deteriorated for me. Initially when it was to pass on the east coast we only expected 45mph winds and now we're expecting 70-90. This will be devastating for this area if we get winds that strong.

Latest posts

Back