Huntsville, AL Breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpshadowens

Reaction score
Going to be working in the Huntsville / Decatur AL area from 2/10 thru 2/21 and was hoping to get some feedback on any breweries or tap bars in the area that are must see or ones to avoid.

Thanks, Bill
:mug:

Unless something has changed (I was last there in 2011), brewerys in Alabama cannot serve beer.

--- UPDATE --- Just looked into it.. Straight to Ale has a tap room so they must have changed the law in the last 4 years.

Straight to Ale is also pretty good with Monkeynaught IPA and Unobtainium being notable. Never did get a chance to try the Gorillanaught IIPA.

My son lives there. The Nook is always listed in the 100 best beer bars in the country. The beer selection is excellent. It's been a while since I've been there and it looks like the food menu has changed, but that was their weak point. The Stem & Stein in Madison is interesting. Way too crowded in the colder months, but when the patio is livable it's an interesting stop. Liquor Express is an interesting bottle shop. Pretty good bottle selection and I understand they have expanded their growler selections as well.

Back