Hungover Brew Days...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldManHouston

Reaction score
So when Brewday is Sunday, I end up hungover and struggling... I had planned to get started 3 hours ago but I just finally dragged my happy ass out of bed. I blame daylight savings time. I don't know why.

Got a kolsch yeast starter ready and waiting for me to decide that I'm not going to vomit and I can brew up my first kolsch. Still trying to decide if this is a RDWHAHB situation....

I have a starter as well that was waiting for my brew day yesterday. I had to get up at 7am to start in time. Needless to say I still have a bag of uncrushed grain in my dining room.

currently:
not as think as you drunk i am,
sunday is a workday, tuesday and wednesday are the brew/fun days.
i can still relate though... tuesday normally means waking up around 11-noon and getting on any weekend projects (including brewing and related tasks) whenever i feel like it (2pm at the earliest)
it's a hobby, not a job (for most of us) and should be done when it's pleasant/enjoyable, not when the Time Gods say we should.
if you wanna brew at 7pm on a monday(or any othertime/day), we're not gonna stop you.

Well I struggled through weighing out my grainbill and milling. Had a beer to even things out after getting the mash going. I started to feel much better after that.

Brew day went well after drinking off the hangover. Mash conversion efficiency was about 88% and ended up with a few points higher OG than I was looking for, 1.052 instead of 1.049. Had a nice krausen going when I woke up this morning.

Latest posts

Back