Howdy from Austin

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisrush

Reaction score
Found this site a few weeks ago and have been reading as much as I can ever since. My wife and I took a micro brewery tour last week and we are really interested in brewing.

Thanks everyone.

If you come across some good deals on used home brew equipment around the area, let me know, I need it all.

Thanks everyone.

If you come across some good deals on used home brew equipment around the area, let me know, I need it all.
Just go visit the fine folks at Austin Home Brew. They hooked me up back in March and are really great to deal with. I got the deluxe brew kit and will upgrade as I go along. Might even try All Grain some day.

Just go visit the fine folks at Austin Home Brew. They hooked me up back in March and are really great to deal with. I got the deluxe brew kit and will upgrade as I go along. Might even try All Grain some day.

We ran by over the weekend. Cool place. I'll definitely get my first batch going after summer school. Wife has approved a kegerator for the house. Just need some beer for it

Welcome and Well met!
The folk at Austin Homebrew are mighty good folks who are unbelievably patient with new HBr's stoopid questions.

Good Luck!

Glad to have another Austin homebrewer!! Nothing like tasting the first beer that you made yourself...and then tasting 2 or 3 more after it!!:drunk:

Keep an eye on Craigs list. I got started that way. And then one thing led to another, then another, then another and a few more, then a bunch more and now half my garage is brewery, fermenters and kegerators.

Fortunately my wife likes my beer or I would have been thrown out with the fish bones long ago!:drunk:

Evening guys. I would like to brew this week and I was going to run to AHS and buy some equipment, what would you suggest? Getting the kit or buying individual pieces?

Evening guys. I would like to brew this week and I was going to run to AHS and buy some equipment, what would you suggest? Getting the kit or buying individual pieces?
I bought the kit from them in March and so far I have only upgraded the thermoeter. Still looking for a few other things but the folks at Austin were very helpful to me. I'll be in Austin on Tuesday and am going by to get a few more things as well as more beer kits.

I need to go into Austin Homebrew on Tuesday. If you would like to meet up I'd be happy to meet up with you, just PM me with a time (needs to be before 5:30p because then Soperbrew and I are going out to kill some beers at the Flying Saucer).

I need to go into Austin Homebrew on Tuesday. If you would like to meet up I'd be happy to meet up with you, just PM me with a time (needs to be before 5:30p because then Soperbrew and I are going out to kill some beers at the Flying Saucer).

Thanks for the invite, unfortunately I don't get out of work till after 6. I'll pm you a list that I found on craigslist if you don't mind looking it over and letting me know what you think, it would be appreciated.

Chris

PM sent. See ya tomorrow.

How was AHS? I was planning on stopping over in a day or two. I'd like to get a few things and maybe a recipe or two for this weekend.

Hey, welcome!

Austin Homebrew is a great shop. The guys there have never steered me wrong or tried to sell me something I didn't need, and the prices are great.

I just wish they'd crush their grains a little finer; I need to get a barley crusher because my efficiency sucks and I think my process is okay.

Anyway, Austin is a great city for a homebrewer, and this is an AMAZING forum. Welcome. Let us know if we can answer any questions for you.

Oh, and I can recommend AHS' beer-making class. For $20 you get to watch them make a brew and *then* get a $20 coupon good for anything in the store. A great investment of time, I think.

-g-

Hey Saccharomyces!!! What a great beer!!! That bottle you gave me, me and Mama sat outside last night and poped it open. She really liked it and told me to learn how to make it. Can you say all grain soon?

If any of you ever run into this guy (Dos Amigos Brewing) he has a wealth of information and really made me feel better about what I am doing.

Glad you enjoyed it.

I wanted to bump this thread because I'll be brewing that very recipe again this weekend, on Sunday (it's the Tejas Wit in my dropdown). I'll probably start around noon. If any of y'all get a chance to drop by that would be excellent, just PM me for directions.

Back