how to tone down a Jet Burner flame

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopbrad

Reaction score
I recently bought a multi-tip jet burner for my setup and am having an issue controlling the flame. Shouldn't a regulator take care of the flame? Mine is throwing out a massive flame and the regulator is not doing anything to tone it down. Wondering if there is another way to control this, like a ball valve or something.

The burner is from Glacier Tanks. and the Regulator is from Tejas Smokers if that matters.

I use the 20 tip burners on my rig. Mine are controlled with ball valves, but are NG. I don’t have experience with propane. The guys at Tejas have good customer service, give them a shout. I will say what I learned with these burners is that they need airflow. They also need space from burner tip to kettle. Mine are 15” I think. I hated them until I figured out the distance that was needed. I love them now. I can crank out the heat, or turn them nice and low. Wish I could help with the propane.

Your regulator may be passing more gas than the burner is rated for... you could write the company and ask what size regulator your burner expects.

Back