How to stop fermentation in kombucha

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Miller

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone else that bottles kombucha has an issue with bottles continuing to ferment and build pressure even I’m the refrigerator?

I usually let the Sealed bottles sit at Room temp for 2-3 days and then put them in the fridge. Then it seems there is an arc or time when they are good. After 1-2 weeks in the fridge they are very carbonated and pour a nice head. But if they go over a month they will totally volcano all over the pace when opened. And honestly that happens early on too and I don’t know why.

any help in controlling the outcome would be appreciated l. Thank you.

max

You can't stop fermentation without pasteurization and that defeats the purpose. Kombucha is generally consumed as fresh as possible. If you want some to last a little longer, mark those bottles and put them in the fridge as soon as you bottle. Skipping the 3 warm days will delay the overcarbonation by a week or two.

Latest posts

Back