How to remove Taprite regulator knob?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DickSledge

Reaction score
So I go to hook up the gas on the second CO2 regulator body (Taprite T752HP) and discover that the knob won't work. It turns, but just clicks and won't adjust the pressure. My searches reveal that the plastic red knob is probably stripped and I need a new one.

Questions: How do I remove the busted knob? That thing is on there. Pulling it off by hand is a no go. Pulling it off with channel locks doesn't work either. And if I get it off, do I need a new knob or can I just adjust with a hex screwdriver?

I know this is a recurring issue for folks, but I haven't found a useful answer by searching. Taprite's instructions are useless. I have a support email out to them, but I'm hoping to get a quicker answer here. 12 gallons of cider are waiting for the keezer!

Thanks in advance for any help you fine folks can offer, and thanks in arrears for teaching me how to homebrew and make my keezer. :)

Latest posts

Back