How to prime a conical fermenter wort

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigrigney

Reaction score
I typically use the carbonation drops from muntons and coopers to carbonate each bottle. I carbonate both 12 ounce and 1 liter bottles. I do this straight from my conical fermenter so I do not have to hassle with using a secondary. Does anyone have any other ideas for priming because this can be costly? I have read straight corn sugar into the bottles can be not consistent, but pouring the sugar water mix into my fermenter and stirring I would think would disrupt the sediment too much. Ideas? Thanks!

Can you not open the dump valve, removing the sediment, and then stir in the priming sugar without consequence? I'm looking into conicals and figured on that being one of the benefits...

It doesn't dump everything. It works well, but not enough to stir the wort without consequence. It is worth the money and time savings, except for the carbination. The drops are fast, but expensive.

Back