How to make a simple tap handle display

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMass

Reaction score
I want to build a tap handle display. I would think it would be easy. I just need a 3/8" male thread stuck or screwed into a piece of wood I assume. I've only seen these on eBay, so...

I bid on 4 tap handles and only have 2 taps.

Has anyone any experience here?

Maybe this would work?

Anderson Barrows at Lowe's: 3/8" x 1/2" Fine Thread Male Adapter

048643067882.jpg

I guess I'd have to bring a ferrule to see if it fit.

Here is an adapter for your handles without a thread.

Handle tap

I'm not positive, but I believe those are a standard thread on the inside and the adapter you found is a pipe thread.

Isn't that the piece that you need to create a tap handle? I need a piece that will accept a tap handle on a stand.

Or are you saying that this will do that also?

No Pictures, but I built a really simple one for 5 tap handles with a 2x4 and a few bolts/nuts/washers. Bascially, you can drill 5 ~7/16" holes through the 2x4 at equal intervals. Then, take 3/4" or 1" spade bit and ream out the back/bottom of each of the holes about 2/3 of the way through the 2x4 so that it will still lay flat once the bolts were fastened. Stick a 3/8x16 (i think) bolt with a washer on it through the bottom (reamed side) of each hole, fasten it on the top with a nut/washer, and you're all set. Just make sure the bolt is long enough to leave about 3/4" or so of threads sticking out over the top of the nut, and that should give you plenty of room to screw your tap handles on. I spraypainted mine black, but if you have good wood and are handy, you could probably stain/finish it and make it look pretty nice.

It looks like this is a slightly fancier version on eBay where they hide the nuts.

mtrack.jpg

the threads on a tap handle are 3/8 - 16, you should be able to find that at ace hardware...

Bolt throught he board is one option.

You could also
use t-nuts and a bolt
or
install a bolt/screw combination

T-Nut- drill a hole throught eh board, t-nut goes int eh back side and the bolt threads into the t-nut.

Bolt/Screw combo- one half the bolt is machine threaded for the tapper handle and the other half is wood screw threaded so it can be screwed into wood.

You could pretty much mount it to anything. Your local Ace Hardware should have both the t-nuts and bolt/screw combo.

Back