How to lose an entire family of customers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampassJ

Reaction score
EDIT - I wasn't there, most of my family was.

We have a resturaunt that all of the older relatives love called cheddars, and many of them go there on a weekly basis. For my aunts, uncles and grandparents it's the to go to place for birthday dinners and on any night of the week the inside is a sea of Q-tips and canes.

My grand parents flew in for my wedding and went there the night they got in with pretty much everyone not in the wedding party for rehearsal dinner Friday night. I admit I was jealous because it was one of my favorite resturaunts for chicken fingers or burger. Then it happened.

(Note: read the next line in Samuel L. Jacksons voice.)
A MOTHER ****ING SNAKE fell from the ceiling and landed on my cousins head. I wish I could of witnessed the wave of panic when they realized what hit them but my aunts, uncles and grandparents are NOT the type to complain unless it warrants it but my grandfather is terrified of snakes (even harmless ones) and wanted the waiter to take them to another area of the resturaunt. The waiter went to go get the manager (they didn't ask for one) and he offered no apology, no offer of anything like a free appetizer or even a drink to and more or less didn't want to move them but did say they could stay at that table....

So they managed to lose them that night, myself, my wife (cool to finally type) my parents and both brothers/GFs for future visits. I wish I could go back in time just to see it and post it on YouTube.

uhhhhhhhhh, a farking snake? Is it located smack dab in the middle in the middle of the everglades or something?

uhhhhhhhhh, a farking snake? Is it located smack dab in the middle in the middle of the everglades or something?

A few miles from it. Think of this area as Ft. Lauderdale. It's all densely packed from the beach to the Sawgrass Espressway (literally 10 miles in land and 3 from the end of civilization so not really.

Yeah, that definitely demands some attention. A fly in your soup? Sure. A hair in your salad? It happens... But, a snake? Falling from the ceiling!? Definitely not something you hear about everday.

One time I was at a small bar in Japan and we were watching a band performing when all of a sudden a huge mukade (giant, poisonous centipede) started coming out of the ceiling vent. I mean, the thing was over a foot long.

The entire place sorta emptied out in approximately 20 seconds. The band stopped playing in the middle of a song, and everyone in the place started freaking out. Finally, I ended up having to get a broom and coax him onto it and then toss him outside in the ditch, because nobody else would even get close to it.

mukade_01.jpg

One time I was at a small bar in Japan and we were watching a band performing when all of a sudden a huge mukade (giant, poisonous centipede) started coming out of the ceiling vent. I mean, the thing was over a foot long.

The entire place sorta emptied out in approximately 20 seconds. The band stopped playing in the middle of a song, and everyone in the place started freaking out. Finally, I ended up having to get a broom and coax him onto it and then toss him outside in the ditch, because nobody else would even get close to it.

If I saw that thing crawl out of my air vent I would burn the entire block to the ground to make sure I killed it.

A snake would definitely wreck dinner. I'd write the manager and try to call the owner.

About 15 of us were at the bar after work the other day. A cockroach fell off the netting above the bar and landed on the bar in front of four actors, all guys. They all screamed like 5 year old girls and jumped. One of the hair girls started chasing the roach across the bar until she trampled on it.

The bartender came over and said "yep. sounds like a good time for shots on the house!"

B

You should have Samuel L. Jackson them and stood up and shouted "I've had it with these mother****ing snakes in this mother****ing restaurant."

Cheddars does have the best chicken fingers, but snakes falling on my mofher****ing head in the mother****ing restaurant would be grounds to not go back, especially when didn't comp a mofher****ing thing.

What kind of snake was it?

Cheddars does have the best chicken fingers, but snakes falling on my mofher****ing head in the mother****ing restaurant would be grounds to not go back, especially when didn't comp a mofher****ing thing.

What kind of snake was it?

I have no idea I was at my wedding rehearsal, all of the out of towners and old folks from here went out to it. Probably a garden snake or a ring neck because those are the most common.

Gosh darn monkey fighting snakes!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If I saw that thing crawl out of my air vent I would burn the entire block to the ground to make sure I killed it.

F***ing AMEN. I'd also burn down that effing cheddar's to make sure the rest of the snakes in the ceiling died...because you KNOW there isn't just one f***ing snake up there. Really.

Did they know what kind of snake? It seems like if any snake falls on someone's head in a restaurant, that would be a really big deal and any table even in the vicinity of it should be evacuated and refunded at very least. I doubt any of the employees would be able to identify if the snake was dangerous or not.

This whole thing just sounds crazy. What about the rest of the story... What happened after the snake fell on his head? Who caught it and what did they do? Its not like having a fly in your soup...

Pfft. They totally overreacted.

Why move? The snake ALREADY fell out of the celing. What are the chances of there being another snake? :D

(the preceeding post was meant entirely in jest and to be ironic. nothing in said post should be misconstrued as discounting the events as actually experienced by those in attendance)

I think a good question might be, "did this really happen?"
Really, the story goes that a snake fell out of the friggin ceiling (how?) and onto someone's head...and they just finished up their meals at the current table because they weren't offered a new table.

Really? Nobody flipped the f**k out and smashed that monkey-fighter with a plate or chair (repeatedly)? No old person had a heart attack? The damn restaurant didn't clear the hell out in a hurry?

I think we need more details...smells fishy.

I think a good question might be, "did this really happen?"
Really, the story goes that a snake fell out of the friggin ceiling (how?) and onto someone's head...and they just finished up their meals at the current table because they weren't offered a new table.

Really? Nobody flipped the f**k out and smashed that monkey-fighter with a plate or chair (repeatedly)? No old person had a heart attack? The damn restaurant didn't clear the hell out in a hurry?

I think we need more details...smells fishy.

No they didn't finish their meals, they hadn't ordered yet. When the snake fell they all left. And I'm willing to take my two aunts', two uncles', grandparents', great aunt, great uncle and two cousins and two second cousins words for a snake landing on one of their heads. But thanks for calling them all liars. I'll send them your concern that they are full of ****.

And again for the 3rd or 4th time now? I WASN'T there, I had my rehearsal dinner for my wedding with the bridal party, grooms men, parents and readers.

But thanks for calling them all liars. I'll send them your concern that they are full of ****.

haha, wow...taaaaake it easy. I'm sure anyone could see that my comment was just asking for more details to make an already funny thread even more funny.

Besides, this story isn't coming from your family, it's coming from you...so nobody here is calling your family liars.

haha, wow...taaaaake it easy. I'm sure anyone could see that my comment was just asking for more details to make an already funny thread even more funny.

Besides, this story isn't coming from your family, it's coming from you...so nobody here is calling your family liars.
No trying to keep the last volley of posts going, but I kind of took it you were calling the story b.s. and calling the op out, especially when you questioned the whole thing in your first sentence.

Sure you meant it in a jesting way, but just remember when you post online we can't see your facial expressions or the tone your voice. :ban::ban:

I am not going any further with this thread. Any kind of big crazy crawly things freak me out. That's why I hang my hat in a colder climate. I'd rather be mauled by a bear than have one of these things crawling on me :mad:

Back