How to kill off yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregg Meyer

Reaction score
Ok haven't done it yet but am thinking about stopping the yeast when its ready to bottle and add concentrated frozen apple juice, thawed of course and then bottle still apple wine. I can always just add some sprite serra mist or 7up to the glass to make it fizz at the time were drinking it. What do you think?? That way i can just use wine bottles to do the whole batch and I don't haver to worry about bottle bombs.

Potassium Sorbate.

I'm planning to stop the fermentation on mine as well so I can sweeten it. I haven't decided what I'll use to sweeten it yet, but I plan to put a measured amount (1/4 tsp per gallon) into the fermenter a couple days before I'm ready to rack it off...

I see you like the bonz's too. I think this is a cool pic. Yes I think I will kill it off after I think it is all fermented out, then add some concentrate for sweetness and bottle it still.

I see you like the bonz's too. I think this is a cool pic. Yes I think I will kill it off after I think it is all fermented out, then add some concentrate for sweetness and bottle it still.

Same here... Mine has been fermenting for 3 weeks and the clarity is starting to come around, but I plan to let it ferment for probably 3 more weeks at least. The reason I will be adding the potassium sorbate is so that it will not ferment any more when I sweeten it.

I'm a Radiography student, so the bones are something I deal with regularly :) I'm thinking about using that drawing of the hand on all my beer labels just for fun...

Latest posts

Back