How to keep an live backup of Beersmith data?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smellyglove

Reaction score
I think I've tried this some years ago, but it didn't work

Does anyone know a way of syncing all the data in Beersmith (recipes, equipment, grains, hops, etc) to the cloud on the fly? Without have to do it manually? I feel like I need a backup in case my desktop SSD decides to travel to the other side.

I think one could install Google Drive and use the local folder for the BS2 repository.
Everything should be automagically backed up...

[edit] It's even simpler. Install Google Drive, then go into an Exploder window, find your existing BS2 repository (typically under "My Documents"), right click on the BS2 root folder, select Google Drive from the context menu, then select Sync this folder. Et voila! Any changes inside BS2 will be reflected up to your Google drive in the cloud...

Cheers!

Last edited:
I don't think there is any setting that allows the two platforms to sync automatically. You have to upload from one to the Beersmith cloud then go to the other and download from the cloud.

I don't think there is any setting that allows the two platforms to sync automatically. You have to upload from one to the Beersmith cloud then go to the other and download from the cloud.
I just need a one-way backup solution, BS does not need to read data from the clould, I just want the data I edit/add whatever to be mirrored to a backup on the cloud. The backup-data would only be retrieved manually if I need to.

I think one could install Google Drive and use the local folder for the BS2 repository.
Everything should be automagically backed up...

[edit] It's even simpler. Install Google Drive, then go into an Exploder window, find your existing BS2 repository (typically under "My Documents"), right click on the BS2 root folder, select Google Drive from the context menu, then select Sync this folder. Et voila! Any changes inside BS2 will be reflected up to your Google drive in the cloud...

Cheers!
Excellent! I didn't know of this option. I just did it but it doesn't show up on my Gdrive folder, maybe it just needs some time.

Back