How to get wrinkles out of pool table felt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pola0502ds

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to get wrinkles out of pool table felt? Right now I am installing a new pool table and I set the felt on the table but because the felt was folded up there are wrinkles all over it. I tried stretching it but you can still see them. The pool table has slat on it with a 3/4" wood backer. i was thinking about using adhesive just to glue the felt down but i'm thinking I may need to staple it as well to put the wrinkles out the best that I could. Any advice would be great.

I probably wouldn't spray water on it... it is wool after all. If you have a steam iron it would probably have a wool setting, but there has to be WAY better resources for what your wanting to know that HBT. We mostly just like to get tipsy and SHOOT pool... :mug:

Yeah your right but i searched all of the internet and I didn't want to create a new account on a different message board

I just called the manufacturer and they said not to iron it. Mist some water on it as your installing it and when it drys the fabric will pull together even tigher and it then removes the wrinkles. This guy said that fabric stretches over 3", I could barely get 2 inches out of it!

Well, I installed the felt yesterday and stretching it did the job. I just can't get over how much you can stretch it. Advice for people looking to install felt, don't do it yourself have someone else do it. It was such a pain in the butt but it really did turn out nice. if you are going to go it yourself and this is your first time, you must have 2 people working it.

Back