how to get high abv beer with this method

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Majed41

Reaction score
Hi

beer ingredients isn't availible where i live and there is no way to import that . somehow i mange to get "Danstar Belle Saison Ale Yeast"

so now i only have 1 option to create alcoholic beer

1 gl of non alcholic beer from the market + sugar + Danstar Belle Saison Ale Yeast
after fermentation finish i will mix this with another 1gl of non alcholic beer to get back some of the orginal beer taste becouse i assume the orginal beer flavore will be gone for good. and then start 2 weeks carbonation proccess

in order to end up with 4%ABV i need to have 8%ABV from the the first 1gl

is it possible to have 8%abv from the first 1gl ? and how to achieve that ?
do you think this is going to ends up with drinkable beer ? and why not ?
i know it would be better if i can create a beer from scratch but it's very hard to get all beer ingredients here and it's not an option

Last edited:
or for example i could carbonate the first 1gl and only mix it with orginal non alcholic beer whene ready to drink :p

is it possible to have 8%abv from the first 1gl ? and how to achieve that ?

a little over a pound of sugar will get you 8-9%, and yes can do it.

do you think this is going to ends up with drinkable beer ? and why not ?

whatever deity you believe in, will make sure you catch a buzz. as far as adding sugar to NA beer? can you buy rice or barley, and get your hends on some koji mold? i've personally tried and fail with koji, but it's still on the back burner for a project, for just an occasion like yours!

maybe consider making mead? this one is just honey, some spices, and orange and bread yeast. Honey and fruit might be easier to get and less suspicious?

i've heard/read stories of people lviing in places like this, knowing why some people buy shopping carts full of apple juice. think majed41 wants beer, maybe for the folate or niacin?

i've drank 50/50 mix of 16% wheat germ sugar washes with coke...wasn't too bad...

thanks guys . i really like beer . i'm not interested on wine / cider etc

put your self in my postion and all what you have is non alcoholic beer + sugar + beer yeast ! how you will approach this and ends up with a alcoholic beer that 21st century human can drink ? Please consider this as challenge and i'm sure millions of people from my country will watch this video and pray for you :D

put your self in my postion and all what you have is non alcoholic beer + sugar + beer yeast ! how you will approach this and ends up with a alcoholic beer that 21st century human can drink ? Please consider this as challenge and i'm sure millions of people from my country will watch this video and pray for you :D

any livestock stores there, i can teach you how to malt your own barley? i accept the challenge, but need to know what i'm working with! ;)

yes there is . however the barley is very low quality as this meant to be for goats consumption . i did try to search for a high quality barley in big supermarket like wallmart in your country but there is non .

how low quality, i use feed barley for malting all the time? it just has some cross product in it, corn, millet and such. sprouts fine and makes better beer then store bought malt.

it's very very low . and very cheap as well . i don't even know if there is some chemical stuff into this not to mention they store this in open and bad condition

here in the states, even the USDA allow a certain amount of "bad stuff" in even food grade.

i would say during malting you wash it off several times.

here in the states, even the USDA allow a certain amount of "bad stuff" in even food grade.

i would say during malting you wash it off several times.

let ask you this . from your experience assume i carry on with my plan to use non alcholic beer . what's the thing that fermentation will destroy from your point of view ? is there any type of flavor product that can be used to get back some of the taste ?

i read somewhere that in order to start foremnting this non alcoholic beer you need to Degass this beer first so that the yeast can work properly . if somehow this plan work this will save a lot of time and effort . however this need someone have a great experience to understand how to get some of the beer taste back

if you have non alcholic beer and have some time please do your experiment . that will be great help to millions who have no access to this amazing drink

let ask you this . from your experience assume i carry on with my plan to use non alcholic beer . what's the thing that fermentation will destroy from your point of view ? is there any type of flavor product that can be used to get back some of the taste ?

i read somewhere that in order to start foremnting this non alcoholic beer you need to Degass this beer first so that the yeast can work properly . if somehow this plan work this will save a lot of time and effort . however this need someone have a great experience to understand how to get some of the beer taste back

if you have non alcholic beer and have some time please do your experiment . that will be great help to millions who have no access to this amazing drink

you know at this point, you're asking me "do you think N/A Beer would be any good refermented with sugar"...i'm like, no? but it'd probably have the nutrients yeast need to ferment?

i wouldn't see why you'd have to degas. people ferment here under pressure.

and at this point i'd be thinking, build a still and do a sugar wash make your own vodka and add a shot to your beer glass....

i've heard/read stories of people lviing in places like this, knowing why some people buy shopping carts full of apple juice. think majed41 wa
I've made cider with store bought apple juice (cart full of apple juice lol). I think a saying I found here is applicable, it's the "bud light of ciders." In short, my store bought juice cider is quite drinkable but not what I'd consider great or even good. Tastes more like a white wine actually.

In any case probably tastes a lot better then trying what the OP wants to do...

In any case probably tastes a lot better then trying what the OP wants to do...

i think @Majed41 's best bet is malting that super "low quality" barley, and giving it a try. i'm thinking as long as it's not black or red with mold, which i doubt, because that would be bad for livestock also!

(and if you're worried about the smell of feed barley, it just needs to be kilned after malting to make it smell/taste heavenly)

There's a lot of things that make beer, but Na beer is not one of them. Don't waste that precious yeast packet on this inevitably disappointing experiment.

There are all sorts of grains that can be malted mashed and fermented. A big problem will be hops. And this is one reason why NA beer won't work. Almost every NA beer that I've had is very low on the hops as those delicate flavors are lost in the process. Adding sugar and refermenting is going to further mask the flavor not enhance it.

There are hop alternatives but with a saison yeast you'll be OK with downplaying their role. Find some accompanying spices and you'll be fine.

If Barley is a no go look into other grains. Oats, corn, millet, spalt, sorghum etc. They can be malted and mashed and fermented and make a much better beer. It'll be a lot of work and time but probably worth it.

It'll be a lot of work and time but probably worth it.

not much work, but a week's waiting. and oats will work but not corn. at least i've never learned a way to overcome the fact the geling temp is so high for the starch?

oh, and to @Majed41 if you were google US suppliers. what about buying enzymes? you could always cheat and make a synthetic sorta beer with them, and toasted raw barley, or really anything starchy that can be strained.

+1 to malting your own barley, wheat, oats, rye, whatever.

If any grain is grown in your country, then someone is selling "Seed grain" which would ordinarily be used to seed the fields next year. This is generally the very highest quality and will make good malt.

Buy seed grain, malt it at home, dry it, make beer from it, then feed someone's goats to hide the spent grain

wheat works great! didn't think about that, because reinstaunt or what ever it is in germany!
Reinheitsgebot. German beer purity law.
Wheat beer was so popular in Germany at the time that bakers had a hard time getting wheat and there was no bread for the people or the children. Big part of that.

Just curious, if your country's customs finds this, will you get in trouble or will it just be confiscated?
not a big problem really . they may ask what the use of this and i can tell them i needed this for backing stuff etc . the worst thing can happen is just be confiscated . however with the Great MBS we hope very soon the government will allow alcoholic beer soon . let's hope

I'm confused by this...I'm pretty sure that I just read a post where you don't like the taste of barley, and are trying to cover the taste with strawberry syrup.

So why are you ruling out a wine or cider? It's seems like a lot of work to make beer, only to make it taste like a wine or cider.... 🤔

Back