How to force carb mead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meadrol

Reaction score
None of my meads are anywhere near ready for this, but here goes anyway...I have used campden/sorbate in all of my batches to keep fermentation from starting back up, but there are a couple that I may want to force carb at bottling when I get to that point. Not being a beer person, I know zip about what equipment to use for the process...can someone shoot me a link to where I can read up on the process as it pertains to mead?

You said "force carb at bottling", so I'm not sure what you already have and don't have. You'll need a co2 tank, regulator, keg, and a place to keep it cold (as it's almost impossible to bottle a carbonated beverage at room temperature). If you have a kegerator already, bottling from the keg is quick and easy.

Just recently force carb'ed a liter of very sweet mead just to try it out. Used "Carbonator Caps" with my normal beer kegging CO2 rig. Dead easy of course and tasty -- a bit like a sweet Champagne. The carbonation bite offset the sweetness a bit (which was good because it was WAY sweet).

Back