How to dry CFC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eko

Reaction score
Seems like no matter how often I turn my CFC end over end there's always liquid left behind after I use it. Anybody got any creative solutions? I've been thinking about putting it in a hose reel and setting it spinning. If I can get it to fit.

At the end of a brew day I hit mine with a compressor after pumping oxy and then rinse water through it. Let the compressor run till only air comes out, dry as a bone till next brewday.

The air compressor idea works great, But be careful if you are using an oil lubricated compressor. It is not unusual for a (very) small amount of oil to be mixed in with the air. A filter between the compressor and the CFC is a good idea, or better yet an oiless compressor.

I just run boiling water thru it and then cap the ends with those red caps for copper.

When I use it the next time, I run boiling water through it again.

Unfortunately I don't have an air compressor. Briefly considered picking one up but not sure I can justify. I've been doing the boiling-water after & again before brewing. May stick with that for now. May just construct my own spinner so I can make sure it's dry or at least doesn't have sitting water.

I bought a small 2.5 gallon Shopvac specifically for drying my CFC. It cost me $30 at Lowes. It sucks all of the water out and leaves my CFC completely dry. I use it to dry out my Chugger pump too.

Back