How to brew with rasberry chipotle...any ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystikty

Reaction score
I have some raspberry chipotle that I want add to a brew. Any suggestions on how I can do this and to what type of craft to add it to? I am a novice homebrewer and only brewed two batches (2nd one in progress). I'm really having fun with this new hobby of mine and want to try something different.

A Pale Ale would be my suggestions. Raspberry chipotle...what? Jelly, sauce? You could buy a commercial APA and add some to a glass to explore the flavor first. If that is nasty, you'll know not to waste a batch.

I'd add it to some sort of a witbeer. IPA's and PA's are all about the flavor/aroma of the hops. The wheat beers are a ton more subtle and would allow you to appreciate the additions more, IMO

Now, if it was, say, chocolate/raspberry.. I'd be thinking along the lines of a porter or a dry stout.

Hmm. Great suggestions! @ strambo: I'm brewing some amber as we speak which should be ready in a few weeks. I will add a dab of the raspberry chipotle sauce just to see if the flavor combination works. @ ThreeGnomes: I was actually thinking of a stout as a possibility, with a chocolate malt. I was part of a team that competed in a company homebrew competition and we made a chocolate chile stout which came out very nice. I believe the peppers were added during the secondary. I figure I would probably do the same with my sauce.

Back