How to bleed pressure from a party pig?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StudentBrewer

Reaction score
I've got a batch of really tasty pale ale in a party pig, and I jut tried to pour a glass and got nothing but foam. Does anybody know of a way to bleed some of the pressure without losing a ton of beer?

Sorry never used one so i could not help you. did you try looking at their info online? It might have a users manual or a FAQ section.

I don't know about releasing pressure, but one thing you can do to get a little less foam in a high pressure situation is make sure when you open the valve that you open it all the way quickly. Yes, the beer comes flying out, but if your glass is completely tilted to its side (quickly stand it up) you can minimize the turbulence and get some drinkable beer out of it.

Otherwise, standing it up on its end souns like the best idea to me.

I've never had this problem with my party pigs. I would recommend standing it upright and gently depressing the button to relieve pressure.

Did you bleed off all the excess air when you bottled it?

I tried to stand it up on end and release pressure, but lots of beer foam came out with it. I did bleed off the excess when i bottled it and I also used the minimum amount of recommended priming sugar.

Back