how soon from keg to glass??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dukes7779

Reaction score
Once fermentation is done and you have your beer kegged, ho soon do you have the keg tapped if you 1) keg condition or 2) force carbonate?

force carbonating will take less time - at serving temps and around 15 psi( which is serving pressure for me) it takes about a week on the gas for the beer to taste good. for it to taste great takes about another week.

sugar carbing can take as long as carbing in bottles - so two weeks maybe more depending on the beer.

This really all depends on how you like to drink your beer. You could let it ferment for a week, put it in the keg, force carb at 30 psi and shake. You could be drinking green beer in a week and a day. I wouldn't suggest it though.

So it really depends on how long you leave it in the fermenter. If you leave it in the fermenter for three weeks or more, force carb at serving pressure for a week and you will be good to go. If you got it out of the fermenter early, you could load the keg with priming sugar and let it sit for at least 3 weeks which will let it condition and carb up.

There's many ways to skin a cat!

force carbonating will take less time - at serving temps and around 15 psi( which is serving pressure for me) it takes about a week on the gas for the beer to taste good. for it to taste great takes about another week.

+1

Always seems like the last pint out of the keg is the best tasting. Every day it gets better.

Latest posts

Back