How should a Berliner Weisse Taste?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't the VLB page. I'm not sure what the big argument is here? Can someone post an English translation of what the VLB says the style should be?

I'm also not sure what is wrong with the BJCP guidelines...Maybe it needs to be tweaked so the line "not as sour as lambic" isn't there, but besides that, I don't see a huge problem...

Remember guys, the BJCP isn't perfect. Its not a list handed down from the brewing Gods telling us how to brew. If you have a problem with the guidelines, then by all mean write and publish your own. Instead of griping, join, or write them to express how you think their description of the style is a little off. Its not some evil monopoply trying to force everyone to brew how they think a style should be. Its a group of dedicated beer nuts trying their best (for free) to document and classify world beer styles.

You have GOT to be joking.

Ethnic

a. Of, relating to, or characteristic of a sizable group of people sharing a common and distinctive racial, national, religious, linguistic, or cultural heritage.

It's even in the title, Berliner aka of Berlin. How is that not ethnic?

Not everything is a slur against humanity.

It's a very loaded word when you relate it to something from Berlin of all places, but I suppose one only develops that type of sensitivity when one has lived in Germany for a while. In any case, it doesn't really make sense to use the word in this context, since post-war Berlin is neither racially, nationally, religiously or culturally homogenous.

892-berlinerweisse.jpg

A picture of my Berliner Weisse. Getting more sour in the bottles. How does it look?

Latest posts

Back