How Old are you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are you?

• under 21

• 21 - 25

• 26 - 30

• 31 - 35

• 36 - 40

• 41 - 45

• 46 - 50

• 51 - 55

• 56 - 60

• damn old (aka Ralph Nader)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just turned 52 and I'll get an AARP card when these younger fellows can finally keep up.

I'm 27, but since I've gotten married and had a kid it seems like everything is really speeding up.

Brew chick said:
Big 4 zeeero next june,aaaaaaah! and still no wrinkles, oh yeh (stay out of that sun girls and stub out that smoke)
The smog's long gone but does Barnsley get sunlight now?;)

Ok, no one hate me for this, but i found this forum and had to lie about my age because i thought this was a great forum to be a part of. I'm currently 18 till July. I started brewing when i was 17 having my dad get me all the supplies and have done upwards of 80 gallons since. My travels in Munich and Austria have left me with a true love of Beer. So anyone out there who is part of the Corvallis brewing club or anything, i wish i could come =[

Either way, Prost :mug:

Klainmeister said:
Ok, no one hate me for this, but i found this forum and had to lie about my age because i thought this was a great forum to be a part of. I'm currently 18 till July. I started brewing when i was 17 having my dad get me all the supplies and have done upwards of 80 gallons since. My travels in Munich and Austria have left me with a true love of Beer. So anyone out there who is part of the Corvallis brewing club or anything, i wish i could come =[

No one hates you for that. It sounds like you're brewing for the right reasons rather than being one of those punks who show up here just looking for a cheap way to get drunk. I bet brewing is a great father/son activity. Great to have you here!

Thanks. It's too expensive to get sloshed with anyhow, atleast for the poor college student that i am. Fortunately though, I will be going back to Munich on the 10th of December to go interview for a couple apprenticeships and some breweries. Plus Oregon State has one of three brewing/fermentation studies courses in the nation. So hopefully i can turn this hobby into a career while i am still young. Anyways, I thought it was worth me coming out and letting everyone know. I'm the youngest on here, woohoo!!! :rockin:

Just turnned 47 last week. Seems like something is always hurting. Guess all those miles I put on the joints over the years playing drums is catching up with me. But I don't care, I going to still play!

Klainmeister said:
Thanks. It's too expensive to get sloshed with anyhow, atleast for the poor college student that i am. Fortunately though, I will be going back to Munich on the 10th of December to go interview for a couple apprenticeships and some breweries. Plus Oregon State has one of three brewing/fermentation studies courses in the nation. So hopefully i can turn this hobby into a career while i am still young. Anyways, I thought it was worth me coming out and letting everyone know. I'm the youngest on here, woohoo!!! :rockin:

Did you just come out of the closet at HBT!?:D

Oh, as a younger brewer! Phew! I started young too (in my late teens) and for all the right reasons.

Klainmeister said:

Hey uhh, just saw this post, and I did the same thing, kinda lied about my age cause I wasn't sure if I was gonna be allowed to post if I said I was under 21, im 17 until next month, hope that doesn't weird you guys out, but by looking at the posts above, it seems like ur ok with it, which is awsome.

oh yeah and I gotta say it. YOUNGEST HERE YEAH! :mug:

It seems we have a pretty diverse group here, and that is good... for diversity.

Pretty even distribution from 21-45.

Those under the legal drinking (and hence brewing) age in your country: Just know that if advice you get on the forum contributes to you getting sloshed on HB and wrecking mom's car, or worse, no one here is in the least bit responsible.
But, If you are indeed mature enough to handle the responsibilities on your actions then all I can say is welcome and Prost, of course!

I was thinking about doing this same poll. Turning 45 in 2 weeks and just became a grandfather 3 days ago :confused:. That's what you get when you marry young and your son follows suit.
I think I have you on this one... I'm 37 and a grandfather of two - a 3 year old and a 2 year old. But, I cheated... I skipped fatherhood and went straight for Grandpa. SWMBO is 44 and started relatively young, as did her two oldest. Right now my 3 year old granddaughter lives with me - for another month anyway... then Momma and daughter ship out to Gulfport MS with their new Husband/Daddy, and I transfer to Virginia. I will be completely crushed when I come home and there is no little voice calling out, "PawPaw, PawPaw, PawPaw"....

That being said, I just swam 2.5 miles from Cocos Island back to Guam - and I even beat the one legged guy! Not bad for a Grandpa who smokes and has a beer gut!

EDIT: Ok, I cannot tell a lie... both the one legged guy AND the 88 year old Japaneese guy beat me... But I finished the race, darn it!

flubdubman said:
I think I have you on this one... I'm 37 and a grandfather of two - a 3 year old and a 2 year old. But, I cheated... I skipped fatherhood and went straight for Grandpa. SWMBO is 44 and started relatively young, as did her two oldest.

Better to be a young grandpa than an old one IMO.

My step daughter made me a grandpa the day before my 45th birthday. I keep bugging her about not being able to wait another day. Hell she was already 2 weeks late, what's one more day:D

I vote Log, because he's got wood!

Oops, wrong thread. I guess I've got that damned old-timers disease.

See, I forgot to 'fess up on the age too, but I'm 39, closin' in on 40 this April.

I am 51 years old. that means I am middle aged...................

.............................. if you know anyone that is 102 :drunk:

Back