How much time do you spend on HBT at work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much time do you spend on HBT at work

• 0-1 hrs

• 1-2 hrs

• more than 2 hrs

• screw work it can be done later

Results are only viewable after voting.

farmbrewernw

Reaction score
So I am severely guilty of spending way too much time at work looking and posting on HBT. I'm wondering how much time you guys spend on HBT at work, I'm assuming some of you spend a lot of time cause I always see you on here during working hours. :mug:

Too much. I expect one of these I will find it blocked or get "talked to" about it.

I try to stay away but,

It calls to me.

Maybe another poll would be "how much time do you spend on work in a given day?" Between this site and watching planes land outside my window, I'm not sure I still have a job.....

If they watched my internet use they might just fire me. Thats how much time I spend here reading, and occasionally posting.

SD

I wish I could get paid to sit here and answer questions/post whore. TxBrew how about a preferred user membership, so you can pay us to use HBT?

This forum is too distracting.

Maybe another poll would be "how much time do you spend on work in a given day?" Between this site and watching planes land outside my window, I'm not sure I still have a job.....

lol - in my last job there used to be a confernce room facing a local airport's runway, which was probably about 200 yards away, at the most. I could spend an entire meeting being hynotised by all of the cessnas and leer jets. It's a good thing I never had a window cube on that side of the building...

Well it's nice to know we are the unproductive bunch the rest of the world thinks we are:mad: ;)
You're right, we should be like those European countries with 6 weeks of vacation per year.

Everything in moderation.

lol - in my last job there used to be a confernce room facing a local airport's runway, which was probably about 200 yards away, at the most. I could spend an entire meeting being hynotised by all of the cessnas and leer jets. It's a good thing I never had a window cube on that side of the building...

:) I have a window cube looking over the south runway flight path of Sky Harbor Airport...

I'm a receptionist, so all the time I'm not answering phones, checking faxes and processing listings, I'm on HBT. Out of my 5 hour shift, probably 4.5 hours.

As a matter of habit I pop in on lunch and on breaks. But fortunately I'm also a programmer so I have that fantastic built-in break called 'compile time' when there really isn't anything to do.

When I work from home it's a different story, I try to do nothing BUT work as it's a slippery slope if you start letting your attention wander on a regular basis.

It isn't (or wasn't) blocked, because I did come here once on a work-related mission to find a post on a cabinet cooler. Other than that visit, none. Took a day off work today so I've been in and out; I'm also here during normal working hours on a lot of Fridays as my work schedule is four ten-hour days. (Some Fridays I go to work and play catch up; hate it though as it destroys my hourly pay rate. :) )

Rick

I work from home and work for myself, so I guess it really doesn't matter.
I currently have one client that likes to talk, so while he drones on, I check out this and other websites.
I have found that a large part of my sales success comes from listening, rather than doing all the talking.

I work in front of the computer all day. Usually if it's boring stuff that requires a lot of waiting, most of my time in on HBT.

As a matter of habit I pop in on lunch and on breaks. But fortunately I'm also a programmer so I have that fantastic built-in break called 'compile time' when there really isn't anything to do..

Yep. I have a thing dealing with videos called "Render" time. Same concept, same twiddling thumbs.

Well it's nice to know we are the unproductive bunch the rest of the world thinks we are:mad: ;)

You're right, we should be like those European countries with 6 weeks of vacation per year.

Everything in moderation.

Those European's aren't the ones that hate us and think we're lazy slobs.

Heh, the voting is almost exactly even, all 13 counts and one 14. I have very VERY little to do at work, so I usually spend about 6 to 7 hours a night on HBT.

Seriously.

I'm no math genius, but I think the 0-1 would cover that.;)

I am a math genius and I'd argue that 0-1 means between 0 and 1 hours, thus not including 0 or 1. I feel for the peeps who can't have a nice cup of coffee and be on the internet all day. I too would've chosen never if it was up there. There is absolutely no way for me to be on the internet while at work.

I'm off today nyah nyah....and on hbt...(gee my life really IS pathetic) :D

It would be better if I could figure out what I want to brew today....

And to decide whether or not to go to the outhouse races at the bologna festival...

(told you, pathetic)

Well, I'm new to all of this, so I am still in the 'gather as much information as possible' mode, so I'd have to say about an average of 6 hours while at work, with about 10 tabs carried over from the previous day. :D

Back