How Much Sugar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rutsah

Reaction score
I've made a batch of ale that did not drain well (due to my meat grinding the grain https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/so-i-found-meat-grinder-i-want-mill-grain-380439/) and now want to bottle what I have but there is not a whole lot of the stuff so I was wondering what the standard amount of corn sugar to add to 22 oz bottles is, and the spacing betwixt the cap and liquid. ANY help would be appreciated.

Yeah you don't want to prime in bottles individually. If you do that it can lead to a bunch of problems including contamination depending on how you do it, oxygenation, over/undercarbonation. I agree with the above post, you should prime the whole batch together then bottle them. If you happen to not have the volume of beer you anticipated, just use that priming calculator or other methods to adjust your priming sugar.

When you receive the amount of sugar suggested do you still need to boil it with a pint of water? Or is there some other method of madness?

That sounds like it.....well that, and wave a 3 day dead cat over it, jump back 3 times, stop on the left foot (DON'T FORGET IT) whistle backwards and shreik like a dying lemur. Then, like, chill it and throw it in and bottle.

Ill just put it in the keg and force carb it like i would a full batch. Bottling sounds like such a pain in the ass anyway. Maybe Ill try bottling when i have a nice full batch to play with but not being able to measure how much is there is stopping me from priming. I mean Id measure it out but the risk of infection just goes on and on, Ill be lucky if this stuff comes out drinkable (by my standards) anyway.

Other than the kambucha mushroom references, this is quite relevant and rocks the EFF out of SUGAR. PLAY REAL LOUD.

[ame]http://youtu.be/5vBGOrI6yBk?t=53s[/ame]

Back