how much homebrew am i alloud to have ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adanac58

Reaction score
i heard in ireland your allowed to have up to 1000 litres of homebrew without having to pay taxes or get a licence , how much are we allowed to have in canada ontario ? and how much are you guys down below in the states alloud to have ? cheers !

I believe it is 100 gal/person/year. If you have someone else in the household such as a wife/husband/gf/bf, you can make 200 gal/yr.
If you go over it, don't go mention it "aloud", you might get caught!:mug:

The U.S. Federal limit is 100 gallons per adult per year up to a household limit of 200 gallons per year. Each state could potentially further restrict that, although Illinois (where I live) doesn't. Illinois state law allows me to brew as much as I need for myself and my "guests".

Yah, just don't say anything "aloud" and no one will notice....at least out here in the wilds of rural Illinois.

These limits are on how much you can BREW a year. I doubt there are any laws about how much you can possess.

Back