How much fruit to add

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HebrewPaleAle

Reaction score
I'm trying to make a sierra nevada pale ale clone with some lemon in it I want just a hint of lemon flavor so my question for you guys is: How much lemon should I add and when?

Also thinking of doing it with a little bit of strawberry, but I haven't really decided yet.

Not sure if you can get any, but you could try sorachi ace hops for some lemony-ness

I'm experimenting with the herb "lemon balm" in a cream ale in a few batches 1 to 1 1/2 oz to 5 gallons last few minutes of boil supposed to impart a nice lemony flavor. planted in my herb garden this years and each plant has doubled in size since planting. Also Argentinian Cascade is supposed to be lemony as well.

I'm going for more of a pale ale shandy, thanks for the suggestions on the hops though. I just want it to be a hint of lemon (Like Sam Adam's summer ale or saranac's summer brew) I will probably end up winging it.

Back